27 minutes ago, mrichar4 said:

Not really contributing anything to this conversation as we've all seen the box score today, but I was able to swing over to Pawtucket this afternoon and caught a few innings of the game between other obligations. I was able to catch Eloy's oppo HR - if anyone else was there, I was the one in the Knights hat going nuts down the 3B line.

Chose to take a photo instead of video so I could actually watch the AB - this was just prior to the HR.

IMG_20180729_141603849_medium.jpg

Any additional thoughts/observations on Eloy?

2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

He was seen in the dugout with a giant poster board that had big boxes on it, and he was checking them. It was kind of like the jump to conclusions mat from Office Space. 

Per sources, he was joined in this activity by Michael Kopech. 

7 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Any additional thoughts/observations on Eloy?

The pitch prior to this, he was badly fooled by a curveball in the dirt. You could see he knew it after he swung and stepped out of the box and shook his head at himself. Clearly that mental adjustment paid off on the very next pitch. But I'm no scout - just there to enjoy what I can!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:

A single in his 4 PA. Should he be in GF?

He's only 18, but then again, he's sleepwalking through AZL so far. So yeah, do it.

Obviously 13 games is a very small sample size, but so far he has 6 BB (12.7 BB%) and 4 K (8.5 K%). To me, that's more impressive than his .400+ batting average. 

He has slightly better numbers than Brice Turang who AZL is playing against in the Brewers org. Sox will probably leave him down there and start him off at Kanny next season.

Speaking of Bush, he also has a 6 game hitting streak going (has hit safely in 9 of his last 10 games).

Edited by SoxAce

33 minutes ago, bmags said:

There is no reason to promote a HS in their first season. This is the most ball they’ve ever played. This year is just to get them acclimated.

Also many are acclimating to being away from home for the very first time for an extended stretch. To move him to Great Falls after just getting comfortable in Arizona might not be wise.

• bmags unpinned this topic
10 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Two words.

Courtney Hawkins. 

Hawkins went to Bristol in the Appy League, which was the lower rookie team for the White Sox at the time. He didn't do as well as Bush is: .272/.314/.401. The walks weren't there, the power wasn't there either oddly (that came when he got promoted to Kanny for some reason) and he was already striking out in nearly a quarter of his plate appearances. Granted, the Appy League probably fits somewhere between the Arizona League and the Pioneer League for Great Falls, but Hawkins isn't doing what Bush is.

I get that you're preaching patience and restraint, but for now Bush is ahead of what Hawkins was doing at this stage. We'll see if it lasts.

6 hours ago, danman31 said:

Hawkins went to Bristol in the Appy League, which was the lower rookie team for the White Sox at the time. He didn't do as well as Bush is: .272/.314/.401. The walks weren't there, the power wasn't there either oddly (that came when he got promoted to Kanny for some reason) and he was already striking out in nearly a quarter of his plate appearances. Granted, the Appy League probably fits somewhere between the Arizona League and the Pioneer League for Great Falls, but Hawkins isn't doing what Bush is.

I get that you're preaching patience and restraint, but for now Bush is ahead of what Hawkins was doing at this stage. We'll see if it lasts.

IIRC Kanny was in a playoff run, and they wanted to expose Hawkins to the extra ABs and the post season. 

Hansen needs to get back with Zaleski. That was the guy who fixed him initially, so he's likely the best one to figure out the problem and help him adjust and fix it. I don't believe talent like what Hansen displayed the last two seasons just evaporates, so it's probably a mental thing like many here have said. Maybe Zaleski can get him out of his head again.

On 7/30/2018 at 8:14 AM, bmags said:

There is no reason to promote a HS in their first season. This is the most ball they’ve ever played. This year is just to get them acclimated.

On 7/30/2018 at 8:48 AM, maggsmaggs said:

Also many are acclimating to being away from home for the very first time for an extended stretch. To move him to Great Falls after just getting comfortable in Arizona might not be wise.

On 7/30/2018 at 3:28 PM, southsider2k5 said:

Two words.

Courtney Hawkins. 

Good call, Bryce Bush promoted to Great Falls today. 😉

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24