8/8 GT - NYY @ Sox - Severino vs Giolito

I'm done making grand declarations about how good x player is going to be for the remainder of the next 2.5 seasons. I've been so wrong on Moncada and Giolito that I'm just going to let it play out and let the play on the field do the talking. No more getting attached to prospects. Take everything I said previously and throw it out. At this point, I'm questioning whether I know as much about baseball as I thought I did. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Remember that time the Astros lost 100+ games 3 years in a row? 

This is my retort when people are overly pessimistic about the future of the White Sox rebuild, too. But I think it would be impossible to overstate the gap in front office intelligence + player development ability of the Astros compared to the White Sox.

1 minute ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

Remember back in 14 when the Twins had the best farm in baseball?

For the love of god, take a breather from White Sox baseball.  All you do is b**** & whine about the same things over & over and are single-handedly bringing down the quality of the site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I’m not trying to be sarcastic or pretentious; genuinely, if that’s how you feel, why are you a fan? Why not root for a team that better aligns with your preferences? 

I can't speak for footlong, but I've rooted for this team for 25 years. That started when I was six. I moved to a foreign country in that time frame, long before MLBTV was a thing, and later I went off to participate in a war, and even if I haven't watched every game because the circumstances in my life were too severe, I've at the very least checked the box score following every game, in every season, for two and a half decades.

This is as much part of me as my own name. I can't walk away simply because the FO is incompetent for what is a relative sliver of time.

• Like 1

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Do we think the current WS hitting coach and manager will still be here beyond next season?

Who the hell knows with this organization. To me, the big 3 coaches should be gone the second the season ends.

8 minutes ago, The Sir said:

K-rate in his first two seasons, which is roughly what you were going with, was less than 10%, with a .262 BABIP.

Sorry, i hit the 6 to many times. It was first 166 games. But yes, the OPS was .640.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Who the hell knows with this organization. To me, the big 3 coaches should be gone the second the season ends.

Barring a incredibly surprising playoff run next season, I’d be willing to bet both the manager and hitting coach are gone after next season (or sooner). In other words, there’s still hope...

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Barring a incredibly surprising playoff run next season, I’d be willing to bet both the manager and hitting coach are gone after next season (or sooner). In other words, there’s still hope...

Given the struggles of Yoan and Anderson, it's hard to see how Steverson sticks around after this season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

They should fire Renteria and let the new manger decide which coaches stay & go.  Cooper should not be forced on anyone like he has in the past.

8 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

This is my retort when people are overly pessimistic about the future of the White Sox rebuild, too. But I think it would be impossible to overstate the gap in front office intelligence + player development ability of the Astros compared to the White Sox.

But would you have said that as the Astros were losing a million games a year? As it turns out, sure, but this could turn out that way also

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

But would you have said that as the Astros were losing a million games a year? As it turns out, sure, but this could turn out that way also

It would be interesting to go back and look through what the Astros key players from 2017 were doing in 2014.

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If the Sox don’t win tonight, and it is not looking very good, they are going to have to pretty much run the table the rest of the season to make the playoffs, and even that is probably not good enough.

Damn 😓

Just now, Dick Allen said:

At the very least if you hated the current situation, and most of us do, but also see no hope the next couple of years, why would you be wasting your time on a beautiful night watching this crap?

Because it's 8:45 pm and I'm still sitting in the office trying to make progress on a paper about Mars.