8/20 Sox at Twins, 6:10

flavum

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Ilitch spent like a madman in Detroit, too.  But yeah, the pharmaceutical industry was kind to Ewing Kauffman.  Fwiw, he was worth "only" around $2 billion at the time of his death in 1993, so that's around $22 billion if it was growing at roughly 10% interest per year.

LOL, poor guy, "ONLY" 2 billion. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Unfortunately, the White Sox are one of those teams that has deserved their fate. The Bulls were still a cash cow in the early 2000s when they were bad and the Sox were good, JR had zero reason to spend on the Bulls at that time and he could have taken some of that money and poured it into the Sox and he didn't. I know they have two different ownership groups, but he could have at least put his share into the Sox. You don't get trophies, banners or parades for winning the "fiscal responsibility championship." 

No argument on this. THIS mentality is the paramount reason people here are talking about trading Rodon, who may be this generations Steve Carlton. Yes, high praise, but his slider is the nastiest slider SINCE Lefty. I'd like to think we could keep that kid in Chicago for 10 years, but we're scared to pay to play. 

3 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

No argument on this. THIS mentality is the paramount reason people here are talking about trading Rodon, who may be this generations Steve Carlton. Yes, high praise, but his slider is the nastiest slider SINCE Lefty. I'd like to think we could keep that kid in Chicago for 10 years, but we're scared to pay to play. 

Francisco Liriano in 2006...

3 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

I'd love for the Sox to somehow start to do business with Scott Boras' FA clients. I absolutely love Carlos Rodon's arm. I am a proponent of trading him more because I don't believe the organization will pony up than anything else. I'd love to see them act like a large market team for once. Maybe if the Cubs fail to capitalize more than once on their window, and the Sox get new ownership, we'll see the Sox try to take a larger share of the Chicago market. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

I'd love for the Sox to somehow start to do business with Scott Boras' FA clients. I absolutely love Carlos Rodon's arm. I am a proponent of trading him more because I don't believe the organization will pony up than anything else. I'd love to see them act like a large market team for once. 

Boras has too many top players to NOT be a player. Rodon is electric. Imagine he and Kopech anchoring the top of the rotation for the next decade? Dylan Cease as a middle rotation guy? 

2 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Boras has too many top players to NOT be a player. Rodon is electric. Imagine he and Kopech anchoring the top of the rotation for the next decade? Dylan Cease as a middle rotation guy? 

I love watching great pitchers pitch, and a potential future top 4 of Kopech/Rodon/Cease/Giolito would give me a baseball woody. LOL. 

I love watching great pitchers pitch, and a potential future top 4 of Kopech/Rodon/Cease/Giolito would give me a baseball woody. LOL. 

Gio is still a bit of an enigma. But those top 3 HELL 2 the yes.

It is going to be interesting what they do with Rodon. I really want to keep him but how long do you try to keep him before trading?

34 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Which is always just around the corner, though the boy has been pitching better lately. 

And here it is. Same exact pitch to Adrianza. Cave though didn't get out guessed.

Edited by SoxAce