AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

Lopez has some bulldog in him. Started off throwing 91 and getting some hard hit balls for outs then revved it up to 97 in his final few innings.   Loved seeing the curve tonight , Sometimes a pitcher just has too many pitches.His main 3 shoulder be FB, curve , changeup.  occasionally a slider to keep them off his fastball.

Ryan MaMarre hero of the offense with all 4 RBI with 2 doubles and a HR with one the the doubles and the HR  both going to RF.

The guy looks like he knows how to hit and reminds me of TCQ with his dark hair and heavy beard  . Too bad he's nearly 30 .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Reyes has some bulldog in him. Started off throwing 91 and getting some hard hit balls for outs then revved it up to 97 in his final few innings.   Loved seeing the curve tonight , Sometimes a pitcher just has too many pitches.His main 3 shoulder be FB, curve , changeup.  occasionally a slider to keep them off his fastball.

Ryan MaMarre hero of the offense with all 4 RBI with 2 doubles and a HR with one the the doubles and the HR  both going to RF.

The guy looks like he knows how to hit and reminds me of TCQ with his dark hair and heavy beard  . Too bad he's nearly 30 .

Best thing Reylo has is by far his mentality.   If he can work in the breaking stuff he had tonight he'll be a solid back end starter, maybe more.  We'll see.  I'm pretty skeptical he has really shown a flat fastball most of the year coupled with for the most part "get me over" off speed stuff.  Yea the clay is there and he's young tho, hopefully he continues to develop towards his prime at 27-30 and contributes to some great Sox teams.

47 minutes ago, bmags said:

Gotta be pretty cool for LaMarre, whatever happens in his career, to say he basically singlehandedly beat the Yankees for a game

It will be good to have him on the roster the rest of the season with callups happening Saturday. He won't have to keep going up and down. I really like his play, kind of reminds me of a 2016 (15?) Trayce Thompson, with less power.

4 hours ago, Hot FiRe said:

Sox sweep if Ricky wasn't a joke of a manager

Can't really say that. Maybe Burr get's lit up too. But yea the Minaya move was bad and I questioned it in the game thread as soon as I saw him being brought in . No idea why Ricky would use him again after pitching 1.2 innings the night before.

30 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Can't really say that. Maybe Burr get's lit up too. But yea the Minaya move was bad and I questioned it in the game thread as soon as I saw him being brought in . No idea why Ricky would use him again after pitching 1.2 innings the night before.

I recall them saying when Burr was called up that they were going to break him in slowly before throwing him into higher leverage situations.  My guess is that they didn't think he was truly ready due to his limited time at AAA, so they want to use him selectively.  Maybe the same applies to Vieira?

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I recall them saying when Burr was called up that they were going to break him in slowly before throwing him into higher leverage situations.  My guess is that they didn't think he was truly ready due to his limited time at AAA, so they want to use him selectively.  Maybe the same applies to Vieira?

Even if that's the case when a guy is gassed like Minaya and you have a fresh reliever like Burr and Vieira  sometimes the situation forces your hand/ If they are on the team wanting lesser situations is fine but the baseball gods don't always allow you to follow things so rigidly as you would like.  I wouldn't have wanted Vieira in that situation anyway since he can be wild and walks needed to be avoided but even he would;ve better than Minaya. You just can't have 2 guys in the pen used only for non high leverage situation. That  severely limits your BP .Why have them up here if they can't be used  when you need them ?

Just for the record the game in question against the Yanks was 8/28

Vieira last pitched 8/24 and picked up the win with  .1 innings in the 7th . The Sox were behind 3-0 at the time but had that 6 run 8th inning to win it.

Burr's only appearance was 8/23.  1.1 perfect innings with 2 K's . The Sox were behind 7-0 at the time and ended up losing 7-2.   I actually think not being used at all is just as detrimental or more so then using him in high leverage situations. He's a reliever .He knows the job description and surely was used in high leverage situations in the minors.  Once promoted it's big boy pants time and throwing Minaya to the wolves while they baby Burr  was just bad decision making. Let the kid do his thing and if he gets beat up so be it. Won't be the 1st or last time it happens.

Anyway bottom line they both were fresh and Minaya wasn't.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
mistake
  • Like 1