Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

36 minutes ago, Sockin said:

It's pretty clear here that Bryce was wearing the Sox hat because he's already signed with us but since its not announced yet he had to switch hats with his friend for the picture.

The hat he’s wearing is clearly too small for his head.  Great catch, this is a done deal.

• Like 2

Harper seems bound for the North Side to me. I dont think the Dodgers have much interest, considering the years and money he will require. 

Think the Phillies and Sox still have a chance considering we can pay a record-breaking deal. 

Seeing the Reds take on all that money leads me to believe that a team will take on Heyward++. Paving the way for Bryce to sign with the Cubs.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Harper seems bound for the North Side to me. I dont think the Dodgers have much interest, considering the years and money he will require. 

Think the Phillies and Sox still have a chance considering we can pay a record-breaking deal. 

Seeing the Reds take on all that money leads me to believe that a team will take on Heyward++. Paving the way for Bryce to sign with the Cubs.

I see Peavy has created a new account and hired a writer.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

The Reds didn’t really take on that much money and moved a completely useless player in the process.  The Cubs would have to move Heyward and not take any money back, which is going to be exponentially more difficult to pull off.

Not one to read a ton into social media but look at the guy’s Instagram (friend Cody ) and it’s filled with pictures with Bryce.   Bryce is all about brand and calculated, I find it as the weirdest coincidence in world or ...   If it is a mistake, Boras and his PR people are not happy.  

1 minute ago, Mbs1969 said:

Not one to read a ton into social media but look at the guy’s Instagram (friend Cody ) and it’s filled with pictures with Bryce.   Bryce is all about brand and calculated, I find it as the weirdest coincidence in world or ...   If it is a mistake, Boras and his PR people are not happy.  

He's just trolling...unfortunately this isn't a Luis Robert thing

12 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I was thinking about that actually, but in terms of if Manny or Harper get an opt out after like 3 years, and take it, then hopefully we are a winning team and could make a much stronger case for them then

Is loaning a legal thing that just isn’t done or is it illegal in CBA?

45 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I was thinking about that actually, but in terms of if Manny or Harper get an opt out after like 3 years, and take it, then hopefully we are a winning team and could make a much stronger case for them then

If we're a winning team or nearly so in a few years, we might or might not still have needs at those positions, we might or might not have revenue and ticket sale growth, but the one thing we KNOW we will have is more payroll commitments because Moncada, Giolito, Lopez will be in arb year 2, Rodon will be a free agent, Eloy and Kopech and anyone else called up the next couple months will be in arb year 1, and we won't be a winning team by then unless those guys have led us to be a winning team and earned good salaries. That's going to make it much tougher to sign a guy like that than it is today. 

27 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Didn't trades for a ptbnl get done in years past and that ptbnl would simply be the same player?

I think it's only happened a couple times. Jamey Carroll is one I recall (team that received him first probably had no interest in keeping him beyond the year they dealt for him and the other team just took him back).

• Heads22 changed the title to Harper Latest: Smoke around the Phightin Phils