AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

52 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Our "Ace" would probably be their 5th starter. That lineup has plenty of holes, especially with injuries right now, but their SP would have to be plagued with regression/injuries for them to fall below .500 over the full season playing in this division.

Agreed.  If Kopech didn’t get hurt we mighta had a shot 

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

Great win: Moncada, Anderson, etc. Why not now? Royals are pathetic; Detroit blows, Cleveland blows. None of those teams are going to go better than .500. I guess the Twinks could run away, but why not now, White Sox?

Sounds like a plan.

Reynaldo will be fine. I  like his competitiveness and his "stuff."  Today he had a tough go on a cold day  against a team that was on a huge hitting streak and power surge with umpteen homers in their first 8 games.    Our starting pitching may actually be better than expected.  The bullpen...that's another story but that is a work in progress.

I wish we could see our line-up this season with Luis Robert and Madrigal instead of Engel and Yolmer.  I can't frikkin' wait.

17 minutes ago, tray said:

Reynaldo will be fine. I  like his competitiveness and his "stuff."  Today he had a tough go on a cold day  against a team that was on a huge hitting streak and power surge with umpteen homers in their first 8 games.    Our starting pitching may actually be better than expected.  The bullpen...that's another story but that is a work in progress.

I wish we could see our line-up this season with Luis Robert and Madrigal instead of Engel and Yolmer.  I can't frikkin' wait.

Amen!

Game was great. As a guy who grew up at this ballpark and moved away...making the opener today with my son was incredible. Crowd was electric, and when Moncada was up ...the fans had so much confidence...it was such a weird feeling, almost inevitable that he was going to clutch it. And Anderson's day was stellar. If we can just figure out the Middle relief...this team is gonna be FUN. And my son had a blast today.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

People on twitter saying that this was one of the best atmospheres in recent memory at the park, opener or otherwise.  Any Sox Talkers at the game today to confirm?

I was there. First time I've mingled among SoxTwitter people, so it was cool meeting the SoxOn35th guys and the 108 guys and some others that I recognized as their twitter handles. Kind of funny how most people just stare at you until you say your Twitter/online handle and then they are like "Ooooh, I've seen you!". It's a strange concept. It was a really solid day of tailgating and drinking though.

And since I don't drink much since college, I did get myself pretty toasty before the game, so I really couldn't remember much about Eloy's 1st AB. But as I sobered up and the game went on, the crowd did stand out. But, of course it was the Home Opener. Let's see how the crowd is 2 weeks from now on a Tuesday game if this team is still sitting at .500 or above.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

10 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Game was great. As a guy who grew up at this ballpark and moved away...making the opener today with my son was incredible. Crowd was electric, and when Moncada was up ...the fans had so much confidence...it was such a weird feeling, almost inevitable that he was going to clutch it. And Anderson's day was stellar. If we can just figure out the Middle relief...this team is gonna be FUN. And my son had a blast today.

I wasn't at the game, but could see the emotion even on TV. Sox fans often get libeled as fair-weather, but the ones who attend games show a lot of emotion. It's about time Sox fans get credit for that. It's also about time to let go of all the slander. It helps to give them something to cheer about.