Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

Just now, iWiN4PreP said:

Sleeper and the bust podcast suggested that the White Sox should go after Blake Treinen from OAK.

What do you guys think? Probably could be had with a low level prospect.

Yeah i posted about him a few days ago when MLBTR put out he was a trade/non-tender candidate.

He's a really good buy low candidate imo.  He imploded on himself last year but velo didn't dip.  He just couldn't throw strikes.  He allegedly had a neck thing going on all year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Yeah i posted about him a few days ago when MLBTR put out he was a trade/non-tender candidate.

He's a really good buy low candidate imo.  He imploded on himself last year but velo didn't dip.  He just couldn't throw strikes.  He allegedly had a neck thing going on all year.

You thinking of Treinen for depth or as the possible closer? Could Colome then be used as a trade chip for a guy to play RF?

4 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

If he can regain his form I'd put him at closer but you don't know what he's going to be.  He had a historic year in 2018.  

Yes, his 2018 was really good and a hard throwing closer would be nice. But, like you said does he regain that 2018 form.

29 minutes ago, Saufley said:

You thinking of Treinen for depth or as the possible closer? Could Colome then be used as a trade chip for a guy to play RF?

26 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I'm going to assume he's not worth someone we would want to start in RF. Not alone anyway.

We need bullpen help even with Colome on our roster, so sending Colome away to fill the RF spot and bringing in Treinen wouldn't leave us obviously better than just signing one of the cheap RF options. If you're trading for Treinen, seems reasonable to me - but keep him and Colome, we need the bullpen help. 

Worst case scenario - trade away Colome, both Herrera and Treinen have rotten 2020 years, and our bullpen is the worst part of our org and costs us a lot of close wins.

30 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

We need bullpen help even with Colome on our roster, so sending Colome away to fill the RF spot and bringing in Treinen wouldn't leave us obviously better than just signing one of the cheap RF options. If you're trading for Treinen, seems reasonable to me - but keep him and Colome, we need the bullpen help. 

Worst case scenario - trade away Colome, both Herrera and Treinen have rotten 2020 years, and our bullpen is the worst part of our org and costs us a lot of close wins.

Yea great point. My bad. Build a bullpen with depth. IF the 2018 Treinen were to show up he'd be a nice add. Anyone think Herrera will be of use this year?

Edited by Saufley

10 hours ago, GreenSox said:

They need to do better than Treinan unless it's just a flier or unless they can identify a specific reason along with solution, for his loss of control last year.  The next good trade the Sox make with Oakland will be the first...since Chet Lemon anyway.

I’ll take our end of the Olivo for Bradford trade.

13 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I wonder if the Sox would be interested in him. He has 4 years of control left so he fits the window perfectly. But he would also cost a fortune I’d think. 

7 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I wonder if the Sox would be interested in him. He has 4 years of control left so he fits the window perfectly. But he would also cost a fortune I’d think. 

We don’t have the pieces for a Josh Hader unless we’re willing to trade one of the can’t miss guys.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

10 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Doubt it would be worth it. He’s going to cost too much. If the Sox are trading key pieces, I hope it’s for cost controlled SP/RF.