7/28 Sox/Indians Double Header thread

What a play - that is what good teams do - flash the leather.  I also laugh at everyone ripping Leury like he isn't a big leaguer. He is a perfectly acceptable platoon guy and a good one at that, whose temporarily been forced into a greater role while the club also plays the service time game with Madrigal.  

That same player also entered today hitting 300 with 4 RBI's and 2 HR (small sample size since all his hits and HR's came in one game) but just pointing out not exactly the right thing to do to jump to conclusions this quickly.  I will say though - that catch hurt - I thought that was going to be at least one more run and had a chance to get all the way out off the bat.  

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

What a play - that is what good teams do - flash the leather.  I also laugh at everyone ripping Leury like he isn't a big leaguer. He is a perfectly acceptable platoon guy and a good one at that, whose temporarily been forced into a greater role while the club also plays the service time game with Madrigal.  

That same player also entered today hitting 300 with 4 RBI's and 2 HR (small sample size since all his hits and HR's came in one game) but just pointing out not exactly the right thing to do to jump to conclusions this quickly.  I will say though - that catch hurt - I thought that was going to be at least one more run and had a chance to get all the way out off the bat.  

If there was more plays like that all you can do is tip your cap. However when you have 2 players in the lineup who continually hit the ball into routine ground outs and have all season (minus 1 game) you can’t really complain about people being upset. 

Edited by HahnsKiddieTable

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I wouldn't say "platoon" meaning he would have a large chunk of at bats against either lefties or righties but I think he is acceptable on the bench.

Just now, wegner said:

Those losses to the Twins were just good old fashioned ass kickings.

These games against Cleveland are really pissing me off.

Both games have been winnable versus Cleveland we just haven’t come up with the clutch hit yet.