Wild Card playoff thread Sox at A's Game 2- First Pitch at 2 PM CT

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

For some reason I thought it went back to normal but I am not 100% certain.

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Yeah for some reason I have it in the back of my head that they went back to normal.

3 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Question: What's the rule for extra innings in the playoffs? Are they still doing the stupid runner at 2nd bullshit? Or is it back to normal?

Back to normal.  

• Thanks 1

• bmags pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

The ESPN broadcast was absolutely horrible.  They don't talk about the game, they just tell pointless stories about the players that go on 5x too long... I wish you had options for different broadcasters or turning off the broadcast, kind of like you can with video games lolll..  Jessica Medoza needs to gooooooo LOL

She was a million times better than the guy that was broadcasting with her.  He was an absolute joke.  

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Orlando said:

If Eloy is good, I'd have him DH with the same outfield as yesterday. If he isn't, I would actually keep the same outfield but DH Mazara. I would not mess with that outfield at the Coliseum.

Exactly. Next series we can make adjustments, but we need outfield defense. And I know people are saying Mazara's defensive metrics are fine, but we need speed to track down any balls that get out there. We need speed to get to foul balls. 

• Like 2

Just now, iWiN4PreP said:

Bassit is going to get wrecked, book it 

The key to beating Luzardo was taking what they gave him.  When he worked Abreu and Anderson away, they went to it, instead of trying to pull it.  When they got in a fastball count, they turned and burned.  Need to do the same against Bassitt.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I am feeling incredibly confident in the Sox ability to win today. Keuchel will do his thing and limit them to two runs over six or seven and we will hit three or four bombs to take an early lead.

I hope you are right. Bassit will be tough on our guys, but good lineup construction should help. If Eloy is out, Grandal needs to bat behind Jose so that we don't get pitch around. Tim and Yoan are good enough for Jose to drive in. McCann nor Mazara are giving Jose much protection. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

LFG! Give me:

Timmy, Moncada, Abreu, Eloy DH, Grandal, Robert, Engel, Leury LF, Madrigal

That is our best lineup right now.  I am guessing we'll see Engel in LF and Mazara in RF tho, which I guess is OK.  

This is this how I'd line them up myself. Abreu needs to hit 3rd.

Edited by soxfan2014

39 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I am feeling incredibly confident in the Sox ability to win today. Keuchel will do his thing and limit them to two runs over six or seven and we will hit three or four bombs to take an early lead.

Bassitt has been stingy with the HR. Id like to get some speed guys on base. Look to steal and hit and run. In close games need to get on, get over and get in. Wouldnt surprise me at all to see a sac bunt on either side today. Speed and defense  wins pitchers duels.

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

Hawk is on Twitter.......how did I never come across this? 

What is the premise of this that Jason wanted to do last game? 

It is a shame we haven't heard from him the entire season. I would have loved to hear him join the booth for at least 1 game.