4-7 GT: CWS @ SEA (3:10 PM CT)

Capn12

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Feels like we’ve already blown more games than we did for the first 95 pct of last year 

The Sox were undefeated after entering the 8th inning with a lead last season. 2 of the first 3 games this year were games the Sox were leading entering the 8th that they lost. It's been dramatically different.

Edited by maxjusttyped
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I don’t understand why two relievers can only pitch every fifth day. I have never heard this before 

They're unavailable 5 days a week because when they do pitch they go multiple inngs and need 2-3 days rest or they're not being used on back to back days.  Sure makes it difficult trying to run a bullpen when you have to baby two arms. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Yeah, bad results but I don't think he's been bad. Groundball found a soft spot, got a strike out, then gives up a lucky ass bloop single. With Haniger's power its tough to prevent a sac fly there. Coming in with no outs and runners on second and third is just a really tough situation (which is why it probs should have been Bummer but that isn't Foster's fault). 

He pitched ok. No need to blame. 

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Oakland is a pretty good team, they got off to a 1-6 start. If those were the Sox, 90% of soxtalk would have killed themselves.

our record isn't bad, it's how awful this team is and has played combined with the injuries already piling up

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Oakland is a pretty good team, they got off to a 1-6 start. If those were the Sox, 90% of soxtalk would have killed themselves.

Oakland played two teams that have been Championship contenders for years. No way we beat Houston or LA playing like this. 

7 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I wouldn't call 3 wins on a west coast trip terrible. 

Before the season started I figured 3-4 on this trip. They always struggle on the west coast. The fact that they played about as bad as they could possibly play and still won 3/7 out there is a small success in my book.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

No. I don't think he's looked incompetent. He needs to learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team.  Like today, Foster looked good last year. Not so much now. They will learn who to trust and not to trust as they are pitching this year. Bullpen pitchers are fickle.

Everyone want to pitch Hendricks in the

You absolutely can’t let Foster stay in there to face Seager if you’re planning on using Bummer one out later.  

• Thanks 2

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

They're unavailable 5 days a week because when they do pitch they go multiple inngs and need 2-3 days rest or they're not being used on back to back days.  Sure makes it difficult trying to run a bullpen when you have to baby two arms. 

I don't think crochet pitched enough the other day to make him unavailable today. Even if he did who knows what the results of the other game would have been if they pulled crochet and put in Foster.

Foster was in to take the sacrifice until Tony remembered that that Bummer guy pitches for the White Sox.  Then he was like "Oh shit" and he made the move.

I was watching this and defending TLR, thinking that some of these guys just couldn't be available for health or workload purposes.  When Ruiz came in, I thought Ruiz was going to go long.  But then Bummer comes in and WTF?  Why didn't he come in earlier if he was available and healthy and ready to go?

RR was never this bad.  The Dunning move in the playoffs was bad but for the most part, Ricky didn't have the talent.  Tony has the talent.

Honestly though, this bullpen shit is all on the starters for being 4-5 inning pitchers who aren't the horses that SP are supposed to be, and it's on the dogshit defense for forcing the P to throw more pitches and get more outs.  You can blame the umps also who have been terrible but the other teams have to deal with that also.  

As Ozzie would say, you don't take a donkey to the Kentucky Derby.  This rotation is a bunch of donkeys.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Foster was in to take the sacrifice until Tony remembered that that Bummer guy pitches for the White Sox.  Then he was like "Oh shit" and he made the move.

I was watching this and defending TLR, thinking that some of these guys just couldn't be available for health or workload purposes.  When Ruiz came in, I thought Ruiz was going to go long.  But then Bummer comes in and WTF?  Why didn't he come in earlier if he was available and healthy and ready to go?

RR was never this bad.  The Dunning move in the playoffs was bad but for the most part, Ricky didn't have the talent.  Tony has the talent.

Honestly though, this bullpen shit is all on the starters for being 4-5 inning pitchers who aren't the horses that SP are supposed to be, and it's on the dogshit defense for forcing the P to throw more pitches and get more outs.  You can blame the umps also who have been terrible but the other teams have to deal with that also.  

As Ozzie would say, you don't take a donkey to the Kentucky Derby.  This rotation is a bunch of donkeys.  

Ricky did the same shit with Rodon and Bummer last year. He pitches Rodon an inning earlier and then put in Bummer when Rodon blew the lead.

Just now, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

Damn straight. This is year 5 of the rebuild. No more excuses from Hahn and company about how this team is still "one more year away".

You better believe if we struggle to meet expectations this year there will be excuses from the FO. They are gonna talk about growing pains from young guys and health. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

No. I don't think he's looked incompetent. He needs to learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team.  Like today, Foster looked good last year. Not so much now. They will learn who to trust and not to trust as they are pitching this year. Bullpen pitchers are fickle.

6 months into a million dollar salary job and he hasn’t figured out Bummer is better than Foster? You aren’t complimenting him here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I don't think crochet pitched enough the other day to make him unavailable today. Even if he did who knows what the results of the other game would have been if they pulled crochet and put in Foster.

I forgot where I heard it but they want to avoid using him back to back days

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

You better believe if we struggle to meet expectations this year there will be excuses from the FO. They are gonna talk about growing pains from young guys and health. 

They will use the excuse of injury to our best outfielder

Hamilton

1 minute ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

Damn straight. This is year 5 of the rebuild. No more excuses from Hahn and company about how this team is still "one more year away".

That Keuchel contract is going to (hopefully) get Hahn fired.  Or it should.

I bet that Hendriks contract looks like one that should get him fired also in about 1-2 years, hopefully later than sooner.

As long as that POS reinsdorf is still breathing however, KW is the Stooge #1 and Hahn is Stooge #2.

• Thanks 1

• Capn12 unpinned this topic