The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Nah, you were blasting the manager for lineups and bullpen decisions, two things you argue now are completely meaningless with LaRussa in charge. Another hypocritical LaRussa stan. Not that I'm shocked. Good call on Renteria never making the playoffs. Really hit that one out the park?

Never said that lineups and bullpen are completely meaningless.  Hard to rebut things that are made up!  I said in this thread that when you're looking for the "good" aspects of a manger, you won't ever find them in lineups and bullpen because managers never get credit for those when times are good.  That doesn't mean you can't complain about a shitty lineup if you see one.  For the record, I think Tony makes good lineups and Ricky made shitty lineups.

Ricky is a shitty manager (and his career as a manager proves that) while TLR has a great track record of winning so I consider him to be a great manager.  Maybe this year will be the end of his winning ways.

Edited by Green Line

3 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Never said that lineups and bullpen are completely meaningless.  Hard to rebut things that are made up!  I said in this thread that when you're looking for the "good" aspects of a manger, you won't ever find them in lineups and bullpen because managers never get credit for those when times are good.  That doesn't mean you can't complain about a shitty lineup if you see one.  For the record, I think Tony makes good lineups and Ricky made shitty lineups.

Ricky is a shitty manager (and his career as a manager proves that) while TLR has a great track record of winning so I consider him to be a great manager.  Maybe this year will be the end of his winning ways.

Ricky was a shitty in-game manager, but he eventually listened to the front office and started leveraging shifts while eliminating bunting.  Tony has already done those advancements and is too stubborn to change his ways.  Ricky was also from most accounts a great clubhouse guy.  All that being said, I was ecstatic when Ricky got fired because I thought almost anyone would be better with the in-game stuff.  Unfortunately, that turned out to be untrue and Jerry forced a far greater evil on us.  I never imagined in a million years that Tony would have been this bad of a tactician but alas he’s a complete travesty.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Ricky was a shitty in-game manager, but he eventually listened to the front office and started leveraging shifts while eliminating bunting.  Tony has already done those advancements and is too stubborn to change his ways.  Ricky was also from most accounts a great clubhouse guy.  All that being said, I was ecstatic when Ricky got fired because I thought almost anyone would be better with the in-game stuff.  Unfortunately, that turned out to be untrue and Jerry forced a far greater evil on us.  I never imagined in a million years that Tony would have been this bad of a tactician but alas he’s a complete travesty.

I was really excited when they hired Tony, but I don't disagree with what you say about his in-game decisions, they've been below my expectations.  That said I'm still hopeful that his managerial experience and steady hand will pay off in the end and produce a long playoff run.  I don't think that was ever a realistic possibility with Rick Renteria.

7 minutes ago, Green Line said:

I was really excited when they hired Tony, but I don't disagree with what you say about his in-game decisions, they've been below my expectations.  That said I'm still hopeful that his managerial experience and steady hand will pay off in the end and produce a long playoff run.  I don't think that was ever a realistic possibility with Rick Renteria.

Start back peddling now that you've been exposed as a fraud and a hypocrite when it comes to this entire managerial conversation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Start back peddling now that you've been exposed as a fraud and a hypocrite when it comes to this entire managerial conversation.

I don't agree, but think whatever you want and wallow in your hatred for me and Tony, lol.  Rick Renteria was a terrible manager and deserved the criticism that I gave him based on years of watching him manage the White Sox.  Tony has not done anything in my book to earn nearly that level of criticism based on his first two months at the helm.  I stand by that.

3 minutes ago, Green Line said:

I don't agree, but think whatever you want and wallow in your hatred for me and Tony, lol.  Rick Renteria was a terrible manager and deserved the criticism that I gave him based on years of watching him manage the White Sox.  Tony has not done anything in my book to earn nearly that level of criticism based on his first two months at the helm.  I stand by that.

Didn't know a rule. 

Has 12 more sac bunts in fewer games.

Let Hamilton and garcia repeatedly hit in big late inning spots with the game on the line.

Has done nothing wrong.

Brilliant. Renteria got more out of a lesser group of players and had to be Fire. Very consistent from you 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Didn't know a rule. 

Has 12 more sac bunts in fewer games.

Let Hamilton and garcia repeatedly hit in big late inning spots with the game on the line.

Has done nothing wrong.

Brilliant. Renteria got more out of a lesser group of players and had to be Fire. Very consistent from you 

See, here is the hyperbole that makes it very hard to have this discussion.  Never said this whatsoever.

Also, I just read your signature for the first time.  That's some delicious irony right there.  Now if you don't mind, I'm going to strap it down and was Sox vs Baltimore.

Knew when to admit mistakes and to take responsibility for them.

Wisely kept Vaughn out of the line-up against tough RH pitchers early in the season to bring him along slowly and boost his confidence.

Deployed Michael Kopech wisely to slowly bring his arm strength up to avoid potential injury.

Kept Collins and Grandal fresh by splitting the catching responsibilities.

Deployed bullpen including Closer wisely, Can't blame him flr poor performances.

Has a team with several players hitting near the Mendoza line  and a team rated at 25th out of 30 teams in J\Home runs in first place.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tray said:

Wisely kept Vaughn out of the line-up against tough RH pitchers early in the season to bring him along slowly and boost his confidence.

Deployed Michael Kopech wisely to slowly bring his arm strength up to avoid potential injury.

Deployed bullpen including Closer wisely, Can't blame him flr poor performances.

Has a team with several players hitting near the Mendoza line  and a team rated at 25th out of 30 teams in J\Home runs in first place.

Was this before or after he destroyed his player to the press and then answered it by doing it again.  And again.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Tony said:

Yikes, haven't seen a beat down like this in a while. Credit where credit is due @Look at Ray Ray Run

good%20job%20clapping%20reaction%20memes

Jees sometimes I wish there was a "dislike" button - you can't expect every statement to be consistent when the circumstances surrounding them are totally different.  I can only refer to my previous testimony, your honor.

3 hours ago, tray said:

Tony pushed the right buttons with Cease tonight. Let Cease work his way through the 6th and gain confidence while eclipsing his career high pitch mark. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tray said:

You could have made those decisions. What he's done isn't rocket science. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tray said:

I'm not a Jake Lamb fan yet, but it was a good move by Tony to put him in the line-up against a RH pitcher.  Give credit where credit is due.

Yup.  Add another managerial win to the the scorebord.

• Thanks 1