The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

2 hours ago, tray said:

I'm not a Jake Lamb fan yet, but it was a good move by Tony to put him in the line-up against a RH pitcher.  Give credit where credit is due.

Starts Hamilton in Game 2. HR & diving catch with bases loaded. Net positive of +3 runs in 2-run game. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Starts Hamilton in Game 2. HR & diving catch with bases loaded. Net positive of +3 runs in 2-run game. 

His other option was Leury. I don’t think many people would argue against utilizing a great defensive centerfield with speed in an expected lower scoring game. Leury looks like he’s chasing butterflies when balls are hit over his head out there. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Yeah, let’s give Tony credit for starting the guy with a career .620 OPS and a .537 OPS this year coming into today because he hit his 23rd HR in 3,183 plate appearances.  I’m sure that’s exactly how Tony planned it buddy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah, let’s give Tony credit for starting the guy with a career .620 OPS and a .537 OPS this year coming into today because he hit his 23rd HR in 3,183 plate appearances.  I’m sure that’s exactly how Tony planned it buddy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Don’t forget the 2 runs he saved on defense in a 3-1 game. 

Thanks for the flattery in declaring me your buddy. Let’s celebrate by meeting up for a drink this season at LaRussa’s Lounge. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 3

On 5/27/2021 at 7:26 PM, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

No question bout Ricky, but you're in the extreme minority if you think Tony makes good lineups.

Because you know what goes on in the clubhouse and with the team gives you the idea that you can make out a better line-up?  Last time I looked we were in first place so he must be doing something right.  Case in point, yesterday during the game thread everyone was upset that Tony pulled Lance Lynn after 82 pitches.   Reading the paper today Tony's reasoning now makes more sense..."If he feels fine were going to bring him back on short days rest Wednesday against Cleveland".  With the Sox playing 5 games in 3 days THIS MAKES SENSE!  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Because you know what goes on in the clubhouse and with the team gives you the idea that you can make out a better line-up?  Last time I looked we were in first place so he must be doing something right.  Case in point, yesterday during the game thread everyone was upset that Tony pulled Lance Lynn after 82 pitches.   Reading the paper today Tony's reasoning now makes more sense..."If he feels fine were going to bring him back on short days rest Wednesday against Cleveland".  With the Sox playing 5 games in 3 days THIS MAKES SENSE!  

There has already been a tribunal for those who criticized that move via Cali-White Sox fans - anyone who made these unacceptable comments is writing apology cards to the entire Larussa family with crayons.

20 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

And you know what, it’s good that you call this point out and give credit to Tony for it.  But a winning record doesn’t mean shit when you have a team as talented as ours.  Tony has done a lot of dumb things this year that deserve ridicule, just like people should acknowledge the good things he’s does as well.  I personally think the bad far outweigh the good, but either way our status in the division and his years of experience mean jack shit in the debate and it’s tiring to hear such a pathetic card be used over & over again.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Couldn't agree more, I'm out of here forever so I can enjoy my White Sox instead of reading a bunch of negative comments about a first place team.   SEE YA!

No, I guess we won't see you.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Couldn't agree more, I'm out of here forever so I can enjoy my White Sox instead of reading a bunch of negative comments about a first place team.   SEE YA!

It’s almost been an hour. This account is still active. Must be a Ron burner. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Winning doesn't mean things can't be better. The Sox are near the bottom of the heap in production from the #2 spot. So bad that they once felt having the #2 hitter bunt with runners on 1st and 2nd made sense.

Winning does not insulate a manager from criticism (see e.g. Ricky last year, who got plenty of well-deserved criticism while managing a winning team.) BUT, I freely admit you can reach a point where the results are good enough that banging the “manager sucks” drum starts to just sound a little silly. Not quite there yet, but I sincerely hope we get there. I promise you will not hear me talking about Tony’s (objectively bad) decision to leave Giolito in an April game at a hypothetical WS rally.

• Love 1

49 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Winning doesn't mean things can't be better. The Sox are near the bottom of the heap in production from the #2 spot. So bad that they once felt having the #2 hitter bunt with runners on 1st and 2nd made sense.

Can't blame LTR for the #2 spot. In fairness, the lack of production out of the #2 spot is because Moncada dropped down to 3 after Robert went out. The options are limited because of the absence of Eloy and Robert and the fault of FO not adding better alternatives.   

1 hour ago, Blackout Friday said:

It’s not the venting/hot takes. It’s the spite and irrational taking sides. Basically what you do on a regular basis, but extrapolated. 

I have fun on here, even with those who say things I don't agree with.

You apparently let others words on the forum hurt how you enjoy things when you're the guy who told me people should be allowed to say whatever they want as everyone uses the forums for different reasons. Its quite ironic imo, but gave me a good laugh.

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

You apparently let others words on the forum hurt how you enjoy things when you're the guy who told me people should be allowed to say whatever they want as everyone uses the forums for different reasons. Its quite ironic imo, but gave me a good laugh.

Great, let’s move on and not waste time with another pissing contest. 

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Youre one of the most crotchety posters on here lmao.  Look in a mirror.

7 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And you know what, it’s good that you call this point out and give credit to Tony for it.  But a winning record doesn’t mean shit when you have a team as talented as ours.  Tony has done a lot of dumb things this year that deserve ridicule, just like people should acknowledge the good things he’s does as well.  I personally think the bad far outweigh the good, but either way our status in the division and his years of experience mean jack shit in the debate and it’s tiring to hear such a pathetic card be used over & over again.

TLR hasn't been charged with a DUI in over 15 months now.  What more could anyone ask for?  Let's check his vehicle and see if it looks like it has been in a collision recently.

Assuming his car doesn't have any dents in it, I think at this point we may all only conclude that TLR is as good of a driver on the road as anyone else, and is as safe of a driver on the road as anyone else, and his record over the last 15+ months proves it.

So now let's forget about the past and give him all the credit he deserves for being a safe driver.  He's earned it, and these last 15 months should put him above criticism.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, SCCWS said:

Can't blame LTR for the #2 spot. In fairness, the lack of production out of the #2 spot is because Moncada dropped down to 3 after Robert went out. The options are limited because of the absence of Eloy and Robert and the fault of FO not adding better alternatives.   

That's exactly who you blame for the #2 spot. If a guy isn't reliable, he shouldn't be batting there. Moncada/Abreu/Mercedes could have been moved up to 2-3-4. Madrigal could have hit 2nd. Grandal could have hit 2nd. Any of these would have been better than letting Eaton continue in the 2nd spot when he's been so bad.

Also, Leury Garcia is a negative WAR player, and I understand that he has to play because of injuries, but he should never, ever bat anywhere other than 9th.

The order you put guys in the lineup matters.

On 5/27/2021 at 8:26 PM, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

No question bout Ricky, but you're in the extreme minority if you think Tony makes good lineups.

I wasn't a fan of TL's early lineups...but lately, he is finding the way IMO.