5/2 Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland 1:10 PM

Hall of Fame Baseball Person IS AWARE you can change the order, if you have a late scratch, right? I mean....you don't have to hit Jake Lamb 5th, just because Yermin was...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So glad we taught Mercedes, the 28 year old grown man, a lesson about timeliness today! Hopefully that's a valuable lesson that Yermin will take with him to his future office jobs. After all, professional sports are about life lessons and not winning... amirite or amirite?!

I mean most sports you show up to the game late your on the bench. Why can't he get to the ballpark on time? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Jason just mentioned Yermin was late to the ballpark today so probably the reason Lamb was in for La Russa. Hmmm.. we've heard about Yermin's past issues in the clubhouse and that is not a good look. You are a professional now.

So fine him and put him in the damn lineup because his job is to win games, not be Yermins dad.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So glad we taught Mercedes, the 28 year old grown man, a lesson about timeliness today! Hopefully that's a valuable lesson that Yermin will take with him to his future office jobs. After all, professional sports are about life lessons and not winning... amirite or amirite?!

I don't blame La Russa one bit for scratching Mercedes for that. 0 excuse there. BUT I will absolutely blame him for hitting Jake freakin Lamb 5th in the batting order. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

Hall of Fame Baseball Person IS AWARE you can change the order, if you have a late scratch, right? I mean....you don't have to hit Jake Lamb 5th, just because Yermin was...

This right here. 

Just now, SoxAce said:

I don't blame La Russa one bit for scratching Mercedes for that. 0 excuse there. BUT I will absolutely blame him for hitting Jake freakin Lamb 5th in the batting order. 

What lesson are you teaching a professional athlete by benching him for being late? I'm serious.

What message are you sending the team? Being on time is more important than producing and winning baseball games? That's just dumb.

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Jason just mentioned Yermin was late to the ballpark today so probably the reason Lamb was in for La Russa. Hmmm.. we've heard about Yermin's past issues in the clubhouse and that is not a good look. You are a professional now.

If Lamb, Leury or Nick Williams show up at 1:09, no problem. They’ve earned both their regular starting slots and the benefit of the doubt.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

You hear about maybe 5-10% of players who are late to a ballpark or arena in any sport.

I'm willing to bet there isn't an epidemic of players being late. 

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What lesson are you teaching a professional athlete by benching him for being late? I'm serious.

What message are you sending the team? Being on time is more important than producing and winning baseball games? That's just dumb.

Its like that not just for baseball but for any sport. You are a professional athlete. Come to work on time. Joel Quennville for example would scratch Kane or Toews if they pulled that shit (but neither guy never did) he scratched Richard Panik for doing it and that was when he had a strong start after the trade deadline.

Blame La Russa for the batting order, not the scratch. 

Edited by SoxAce

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic