5/15: Kansas City @ Chicago White Sox 6:10 CDT

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Well no, because If they ran through the ball they wouldn't be able to get their glove in position. You dive to get your glove as extended as possible to reach the baseball. If you ran through you would be split second faster but no chance to reach the baseball 

Valid point, but I guess it all depends on how much faster the glove or the foot would reach that spot. I’ll agree that my outfielder comparison doesn’t really work without knowing more details. 

But I still believe a dive can get you there faster if done correctly. It’s very close though, and probably not worth it when the technique has to be perfect and you are risking injury.

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Is there anyone we can call up to try to breathe some life into this offense?  Isn't Rutherford hitting alright?  Anyone else?

Oh you know Tony loves him some Leury, Hamilton and Eaton.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Indians trailing M’s 4-0 so far, but Sox are going to bring everyone back into the division fight if they go 2-4 or 1-5 in Minny and NYC next week...

One Twins win today really has you this scared?  I will be honest, KC seems like just as good of a team as the Twins this year.

Just now, fathom said:

One Twins win today really has you this scared?  I will be honest, KC seems like just as good of a team as the Twins this year.

Twenty years of history, minus 2008.

The Indians have four really good pitchers now....well 3 1/2 with McKenzie.  Just not enough offense and Rosario hasn’t added much.  Franmil Reyes the second biggest threat now, and Luplow.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Joey Gallo would really balance the lineup IMO. They have a severe lack of lefty power.

We do need more power especially where we play half our games...some will come from Vaughn but need more.

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

We do need more power especially where we play half our games...some will come from Vaughn but need more.

Yep we’ve all said it but the lineup is too slappy right now.  When Yermin is playing like an MVP it alleviates some of the weaknesses, but it’s a lot to ask for someone with his limited track record. Good news is Abreu looks ready to go on an extended hitting year.

43 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

How do you not see he was joking?

Because I’m not in here every game thread and know every posters quips.

Thats why I said hopefully I missed the sarcasm.

That ridiculous thread made earlier about Yoan was on my mind and it’s unfair to him. Yoan might be the second most gifted player we have on our roster behind Luis.

Obvs when you have that ability it just looks smoother and easier compared to an Engel or a Billy Hamilton who have to scratch and claw and dig out every AB just to keep their big league career afloat! 

25 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Indians trailing M’s 4-0 so far, but Sox are going to bring everyone back into the division fight if they go 2-4 or 1-5 in Minny and NYC next week...

Or we can go 4-2 and extend our lead....

The Indians have some quality starters with an ace in Bieber.

Their bullpen is still under evaluation.

They simply do not have enough offense to stay in the race. I’m sorry.

Ramirez is a BALLER..... other than that, nobody scares me in that lineup.

Reyes can’t hit on the road and he would be the only other guy I would be worried about. 

1 hour ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Methinks this is the start of the downhill for this team

that offense is goong to be very bad

you might be right but not based off today's results, Mike Minor owns this team and Leury Garcia+ Hamilton+ Collins pretty much ensured a very tall task.  this was the game I figured they would lose if Rodon couldn't keep them in the game

21 minutes ago, wegner said:

We are not far removed from scoring 9 runs multiple games in a row but damn this offense has looked awful the last couple of days.

Lack of hitting is contagious too.

Need to hit more fly balls to right field, and maybe some will go out of the park. KC has killed us with 3 fly balls to RF that just went out of the park.  Don’t let Salvador Perez beat us again with 3 run homers to right.

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Need to hit more fly balls to right field, and maybe some will go out of the park. KC has killed us with 3 fly balls to RF that just went out of the park.  Don’t let Salvador Perez beat us again with 3 run homers to right.

Madrigal tried to hit fly balls to right but it didnt work out. 😎

2 hours ago, Capn12 said:

Can I buy a Blake Rutherford or someone, to play for this team in the OF? We cannot continue to run Leury Garcia and Billy Hamilton out there.

And yeah, he is safe at home.

When is AdamEngel coming back.  We sure could use him.

4 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

When is AdamEngel coming back.  We sure could use him.

I'm OK with giving Adam rest, let him recover.

Would like to see two primary lineups until Engel returns, though OK with Collins sticking with Rodon and Giolito starts, as their comfort more important than marginal hitting improvement.

vs. LHP: 1. SS T. Anderson; 2. LF A. Vaughn; 3. 3B Y. Moncada #; 4. 1B J. Abreu; 5. DH Y. Mercedes; 6. C Y. Grandal #; 7. RF D. Mendick; 8. CF B. Hamilton #; 9. 2B N. Madrigal.

vs. RHP: 1. SS T. Anderson; 2. RF A. Eaton^; 3. 3B Y. Moncada#; 4. 1B J. Abreu; 5. DH Y. Mercedes; 6. C Z. Collins^/Y. Grandal #; 7. LF A. Vaughn; 8. CF L. Garcia #; 9. 2B N. Madrigal.