Heyman: Sox interested in someone on some team. Nightengale: *nods*

Chicago White Sox

Escobar now with 17 homers and 49 RBI’s.

Trading Vaughn at 60-75% of future value is dumb.  Are we going to play Eloy, Sheets or Burger at 1B after Abreu is gone?

Can say the same thing for Crochet versus the way he was throwing down the stretch last year... 

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Hard to imagine the Blue Jays dealing Semien this early...they really want to extend him.  And with four other big name SS’s going into FA (and the uncertain offseason), it could easily happen.   Just wonder what type of financial hit the Jays are taking over these two Covid seasons.

If the Orioles trade Mullins, who besides Means and Rutschman are they building around?  Mancini’s a possibility but he’s the Konerko to that franchise. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Hard to imagine the Blue Jays dealing Semien this early...they really want to extend him.

If the Orioles trade Mullins, who besides Means and Rutschman are they building around?  Mancini’s a possibility but he’s the Konerko to that franchise. 

I don't think he was talking about a trade with the Jays , just that his source with the Jays hears the Sox are very active unless the expect something big soon is actually involving the Jays . They need pitching and with Springer back maybe can afford to give up hitting.

Hard to imagine the Sox giving up one of Lynn or Rodon to a contender but if the tradeoff is mutually beneficial to each others needs who knows.

Maybe the Sox just put Kopech into the rotation then. If you give up one of Lynn or Rodon wouldn't you think it would be Rodon and would the Jays actually want him since he's also a free agent with a dubious injury history and questionable with innings pitched limits making his 2nd half /playoff contributions somewhat hazy ?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don't think he was talking about a trade with the Jays , just that his source with the Jays hears the Sox are very active unless the expect something big soon is actually involving the Jays . They need pitching and with Springer back maybe can afford to give up hitting.

Hard to imagine the Sox giving up one of Lynn or Rodon to a contender but if the tradeoff is mutually beneficial to each others needs who knows.

Maybe the Sox just put Kopech into the rotation then. If you give up one of Lynn or Rodon wouldn't you think it would be Rodon and would the Jays actually want him since he's also a free agent with a dubious injury history and questionable with innings pitched limits making his 2nd half /playoff contributions somewhat hazy ?

Hard to imagine that trade happening...as it puts the White Sox in a situation where they’re dead in the water if another starting pitcher goes down.

That’s the crazy thing about what the Indians are doing.  By my count, they’re on their 9th and 10th starting pitchers of the season in less than three months.

For the White Sox, that means starting Wright, Siever, Lambert and no idea who the other two possibly would be.  It wouldn’t be pretty, needless to say.  And despite Wright’s gaudy top-line numbers, it’s telling that he really hasn’t been considered for a promotion.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

lol @ the thought of trading Lynn/Rodon. 0% chance that is even discussed.

Likely 0% chance Vaughn or Kopech is on the table as well.

However, talking about Crochet might be interesting. Adding him and some of our MiLB pieces would net us a big time trade. Not Ketel Marte big, but maybe Story? Maybe Gallo? 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Hard to imagine that trade happening...as it puts the White Sox in a situation where they’re dead in the water if another starting pitcher goes down.

That’s the crazy thing about what the Indians are doing.  By my count, they’re on their 9th and 10th starting pitchers of the season in less than three months.

For the White Sox, that means starting Wright, Siever, Lambert and no idea who the other two possibly would be.  It wouldn’t be pretty, needless to say.  And despite Wright’s gaudy top-line numbers, it’s telling that he really hasn’t been considered for a promotion.

The Sox are not trading Rodon or Lynn.

Starting next weekend, the Indians begin a stretch where 27 out of 35 games are against the Astros, Rays, A's, White Sox, and Blue Jays. Let's see how they handle that.

4 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Starting next weekend, the Indians begin a stretch where 27 out of 35 games are against the Astros, Rays, A's, White Sox, and Blue Jays. Let's see how they handle that.

Fwiw, Plesac’s on the verge of starting his rehab assignment...Civale out 4-5 weeks at least with his finger injury and the entire season coming down to Bieber’s eventual return or not.

After looking at the OF options Gallo makes the most sense to me. He's never put up a WAR of 4 so he shouldn't come at too high a cost for the Sox, and he is a lefty that is controlled through 2022.

Also the Rangers must already very familiar with Sox prospects after the Lynn trade.

Lynn put up 7 WAR in 2019. So he is likely valued as more impactful to a team trying to win, but Gallo has the extra half year of control and also the potential for a qualifying which Lynn does not. It will be interesting to see Gallo's market value relative to Lynn's if he is traded, but I don't think the trade values will be that far off. Both players are earning well below free agent market value.

8 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

I'm just idly speculating if something big actually happens. 1st off skeptical on something big and 2. Not likely with another contender. I mean we could talk about something big involving their injured guys like Eloy, Robert or Madrigal. Anything I bring up is just fun to talk about not anything that's likely to happen.

Of course people are going to say they aren't doing this or that but what if they do ? That's the fun part. People will hate it of course but is it that impractical to think the Sox give up impending free agents or guys with injury histories to help the team this year or in the next few years ? That doesn't mean giving up on this year since it depends on what you get back.

9 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

So

sounds like it 

Got to imagine he feels pretty good now that fans are back and vaccines are working. I’ve long said - Sox kept some ammo in reserve due to COVID and they are going to be positioned to push more chips in from a financial perspective (whether at deadline or in offseason). 

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic