Are We Done Dealing.....

2Deep

1 minute ago, NCsoxfan said:

Kimbrel for Burger and one of our top minor league arms?

If that gets it done that would be great. Would even still be rooting for burger, and I want him to have a starting job somewhere.

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s so easy to tell when it’s tray laughing at posts because they come in bulk, are almost always unwarranted, and then are followed by him making some nonsensical tirade

And then post an Eminem song.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, bmags said:

notice how some of these teams are trying to upgrade places they were even adequate in. Can't stand when teams "improve" by going from below average to average production. 

I guess that also depends on a farm system. 

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Don’t forget how long it took Grandal to find his swing after his last lower leg injury 

That's why I've been posting all day about Gomes. Last injured guy to return and couldn't stomach seeing Collins in the playoffs . It's easily their biggest positional need now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony said:

I think that's a fair way to put it, but I think we should all expect more than just "the minimum." 

I'm not asking them to make moves like the Dodgers did, but I feel like they are going to rest on the "Eloy/Robert/Grandal are going to be our deadline moves, we really didn't have to do much" line and I just can't agree with that. Don't just be OK, get greedy. Go for it. Be loaded with talent. 

They just don't operate that way...

Oh I fully agree that we should strive for more than the minimum.  I think the challenge is the system is so weak right now that you can’t be quite as bold as other organizations.  At least by addressing the must-do’s first, we know what prospect currency is available to play with and can possibly make a more impactful move without putting broader plans at risk.  If I’m Hahn, I’m 100% looking at setup men and RFs until the clock strikes 3pm and hoping to make one big trade if it won’t be completely disruptive to our future.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

The White Sox have a very right-hand-heavy lineup, especially coming into the season prior to the injuries. Robert, Jiménez, Abreu, Anderson, Vaughn, Madrigal, Grandal is dramatically better against lefties, Moncada is somewhat better against lefties, Mercedes was in the lineup for a while and was dramatically better against lefties, Engel can be a platoon player against lefties. In that case, adding some ability to hit right handed pitchers with a lefty bat has some potential to have very strong leverage, outweighing the loss of defense. That isn't the case for another righty.

In what world is Moncada better against LHP? 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

While Kimbrel is a huge upgrade over Heuer, it still doesn't solve the problem of Ruiz and ReyLo both still being in the bullpen. Would like to see if Fry from BAL is still gettable.

Those guys are now mop up guys.  They have Kopech crochet bummer tepera hendriks and kimbrel in front of them, I highly doubt they get anything high leverage over the next two months 

46 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

While Kimbrel is a huge upgrade over Heuer, it still doesn't solve the problem of Ruiz and ReyLo both still being in the bullpen. Would like to see if Fry from BAL is still gettable.

Except that you have Crochet, Kopech, Bummer, Tepera, Kimbrel, and Hendriks in front of them.  Jose and ReyLo are innings fillers at this point.

• Like 1