Are We Done Dealing.....

2Deep

14 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I wanted to throw this out there and get a pulse from my fellow die hard WS fans.........Are we done dealing or are you anticipating more moves? If so, who?

This is a opinion thread so just interested in your opinions.

There may be another move but it won't be earth shattering. When we take inventory of what the other contenders did we will fall far short. About the only impact guy I hold out some hope for is Kimbrel but I'm guessing another contender will value his services far more.

• Like 2

No, but if the deadline passes without another deal I won’t be very disappointed. The Sox don’t usually make many deadline splashes. Instead, I want them to play better and beat teams like the Royals and beat the good ones too. I haven’t been satisfied with the team’s performance as of late.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

What’s the most you guys would give up for Bryant? 

The Cubs can pick any 2 of the Kannapolis prospects they like best. Or Burger and one of Kannapolis pitchers. I'll say Thompson but if it was Kelley or no deal I'd still do it. Bryant is a legitimate AS caliber player and he's one of the most versatile players in the sport. With Eloy already banged up again I think another very good bat is sorely needed.

• Like 2

Watching the best teams in baseball all gear up to try and be the best team in baseball is frustrating.

The sox, hopefully for the better, are just supplementing to get through the regular season and into the playoffs. There have been plenty of times where doing nothing ends up being the right move, or at least big moves end up being more noise than substance. 

But then there's also times where a Verlander is acquired and takes you to a world series. Or a Castellanos arrives and is on absolute fire.

The Sox have a playoff team, made sure they have a playoff team. They could have lined up and tried to insert all stars to areas to upgrade over their weaknesses to ensure they are a playoff team. Others tried to insert stars wherever possible to ensure they can place the best player on every possible spot. 

But they can do that to a lot less injury than the sox now. I hope like hell that Colson Montgomery explodes through the gates, and we trade him for a suddenly available Juan Soto in 2 years. 

Preller will still have the pieces in 2 years. Friedman will still have the pieces. 

I think we're likely to just see a middle reliever added by 3pm today.

As for what I'd want...definitely Kris Bryant.

Why would you want to go in to the playoffs with anything less than a stacked lineup? Especially after seeing how some of the primary competition teams like BOS, NYY, LAD, SD and HOU are improving themselves greatly right now?

The question is - is Rick Hahn afraid to pull the trigger on a big deal?

• Like 1

I think this was the official Twitter version of the White Sox saying “done”. Their official beat writer could readily have said something different from this - “the White Sox know they have more coming back, but will consider anything that makes them a better team”. 

7 hours ago, GermanSoxFan said:

The Sox not acquiring a legit RF option would be insanity.

None of our options are good enough to play  everyday for any team, let alone one with WS aspirations.

Adam Engel has elite defense, showing good power, and hitting both LH and RH pitching.

I'd rather add a catcher and let Grandal be more of a 1B/DH when he comes back. Abreu could use some more days off to figure out how to hit again.

42 minutes ago, Sarava said:

I think we're likely to just see a middle reliever added by 3pm today.

As for what I'd want...definitely Kris Bryant.

Why would you want to go in to the playoffs with anything less than a stacked lineup? Especially after seeing how some of the primary competition teams like BOS, NYY, LAD, SD and HOU are improving themselves greatly right now?

The question is - is Rick Hahn afraid to pull the trigger on a big deal?

Don’t forget this…from May.

Speaking with reporters for the first time in nearly 10 months, pitcher Justin Verlander said his recovery from Tommy John surgery performed on his right elbow last fall is progressing smoothly, and he didn’t completely rule out a return to the mound for the Astros this year.

Verlander, who had surgery to repair the ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow Sept. 30, admitted that pitching in 2021 is a long shot, considering there would be a high risk of reinjury and the Astros would have to march deep into the playoffs. Verlander added that the recovery timeline would make it impossible for him to be a starter until next year.

“Do I want to pitch? Absolutely,” Verlander said Friday during a Zoom call with Houston reporters. “There’s a lot of room to go. There’s a lot of things that need to go perfectly from now until then for that even to be a discussion. If that time comes, I’m going to have to talk with my surgeon, all of our staff.”

mlb.com

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Adam Engel has elite defense, showing good power, and hitting both LH and RH pitching.

I'd rather add a catcher and let Grandal be more of a 1B/DH when he comes back. Abreu could use some more days off to figure out how to hit again.

In a small sample size stacked against years of being a subpar offensive player. I buy into his offensive improvements enough to say that he is a fantastic 4th OF, but not enough to see him as a starting caliber corner OF 

41 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I think this was the official Twitter version of the White Sox saying “done”. Their official beat writer could readily have said something different from this - “the White Sox know they have more coming back, but will consider anything that makes them a better team”. 

If healthy, they are fine. They already have seen that keeping them healthy may be a tall task as Eloy already has an issue, and it wasn't because of being stupid. The way these teams are stacking themselves up, I hope the Sox have the thought more  reinforcements still are most likely necessary.