ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

This talk of saving guys is frustrating. Sox are too passive the last few years (all the mind numbing injuries can make you that way I guess). But it's time to not coast (like the .500 ball the last seven weeks). It's time to pull an '05 and step on the throat and show the big boy teams we belong. I stand by my two wins in Chicago prediction but I do acknowledge the Sox not acting like they belong (of course I'm not saying this if the guys could lift and pull some homers as they do at home). Look, modern baseball is pretty simple. Hit home runs and hit some more home runs.

Sox wil continue to do this at home. The passive Sox on the road will not. Let's get aggressive, Sox. You belong. Maybe next year Sox will crush the regular season and win 107 games and be a more aggressive unit!

Edited by greg775

Just now, Paulie4Pres said:

Where are all the TLR defenders, who jerked his drunken ass off all season long? Nothing to say after he does exactly what most of us feared he would do in the playoffs, and completely shits the bed and throws the game away?

He's no better than Ricky.

You're crazy.  Lucas set this up in the fifth.  Team gave you the lead and you give some free bases. SMH  The Tony haters are wrong

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, lostfan said:

No one on earth knows why LaRussa brought in Hernandez, who sucks, to replace Engel

tlr brought him in because he is can bat left.... though hernandez is horrible from the left side...

so basically an ill informed decision based on some 1994 managerial philosophy that resulted in playin a guy in right field that is not a good corner outfielder.

1 minute ago, Slewpy said:

You're crazy.  Lucas set this up in the fifth.  Team gave you the lead and you give some free bases. SMH  The Tony haters are wrong

the pitchers are to blame as well for sure..

but literally every move that TLR made failed.

EVERY move.

Edited by harkness99
  • Like 1

Just now, Slewpy said:

Lol.  He shouldn’t have even been in the game.  He has labored through 3 consecutive innings and was lucky to not have more damage done against him by that point.  Good managers have short hooks in the playoffs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Where are all the TLR defenders, who jerked his drunken ass off all season long? Nothing to say after he does exactly what most of us feared he would do in the playoffs, and completely shits the bed and throws the game away?

He's trending on Twitter, where I saw this.  Pretty good take

Edited by Big Hurtin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

This talk of saving guys is frustrating. Sox are too passive the last few years (all the mind numbing injuries can make you that way I guess). But it's time to not coast (like the .500 ball the last seven weeks). It's time to pull an '05 and step on the throat and show the big boy teams we belong. I stand by my two wins in Chicago prediction but I do acknowledge the Sox not acting like they belong (of course I'm not saying this if the guys could lift and pull some homers as they do at home). Look, modern baseball is pretty simple. Hit home runs and hit some more home runs.

Sox wil continue to do this at home. The passive Sox on the road will not. Let's get aggressive, Sox. You belong. Maybe next year Sox will crush the regular season and win 107 games and be a more aggressive unit!

Need to start by getting a more aggressive, up to date manager.

3 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

I'm here. Fellas, these were road losses. It's a different animal on the road. Now if they all hit like young-un, stud Luis Robert, maybe we'd. be singing a different tune. Tony can't hit home runs for his White Sox.

1 minute ago, Slewpy said:

Lucas should have had the shortest leash imaginable. Instead Tony let him pitch to 3 hitters, 2 of them walked and the other one almost hit a 2 run shot off him. But La Russa didn't even have the bullpen up until after Brantley's fly out. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Slewpy said:

Please quit.  Why bring in Kopech in that stage of game.  Tony saw early in season that lucas is soft as hell and went with his tough lefty out of the bullpen.  How can tony be blamed for any of this?  Both games more often than not sox turn 3-0 counts into outs and astros turning 0-2 in walks.  lucas cost this team huge today.  you absolutely CANNOT give free bases like that after the team gave him the lead.  I've got no problems with Tony here at all.  

Have you watched much this year? Crochet has been legitimately awful with inherited runners. He’s a SP. He needs clean innings. If you want a lefty there, use Bummer. But Kopech was the obvious choice. And then when he actually does use Bummer, it was also a bad time and definitely should have been Kimbrel/Kopech since he wasn’t used earlier. Then bring in Kimbrel when game is already over. Just terrible bullpen management.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

At least Tony is trying to salvage Kimbrel’s value by blaming it on the role.  That’s one of the stupidest comments ever made to the media by a manager though.

That is wild. Is it taken out of context? If not, Tony is telling us he didn't like the trade. 2 closers on one team?? Bad idea.

Just now, fathom said:

At least Tony is trying to salvage Kimbrel’s value by blaming it on the role.  That’s one of the stupidest comments ever made to the media by a manager though.

He is basically throwing Hahn under the bus, for bringing in an expensive closer to be a setup man, which Kimbrel was not suited for.

• Like 1