ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

7 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

It is just not surprising for a bum slaying team that came down to earth after the ASB. Coasting off an easier schedule and hot streak. We didn’t want to believe that. They way this team doesn’t do the little things is very telling as far as upside. We will need a minor remodeling.

objection

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

What the fuck are we even doing here then?

Sox still had a solid chance of winning if Kopech is brought in to start the 5th. Tony wanted Lucas to get a fucking win, because personal stats and status is the only thing Tony gives a rats ass about beyond the unwritten rules. And he didn't even have someone warming up in the bottom of the 4th.

Just now, reiks12 said:

The home run doesnt happen if anyone else is in right field

Imagine pitching to one of the hottest hitters on the planet with an open base and a guy named Chas on deck.  That is a worse decision than PH Cesar, which was a very dumb decision.

• Like 1

Just now, reiks12 said:

The home run doesnt happen if anyone else is in right field

Yeah I thought about that but Craig Kimbrel, one of the best relievers of the last decade who we paid a huge price for to be a strong reliever, does not get that excuse. Someone gets on - great, Kimbrel is supposed to get the next guy.

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Crochet threw almost 30 pitches yesterday.  TLR is completely overrated with HOF, etc.  he is no longer HOF quality. His bad moves today hurt big time because is in a 5 game playoff, and there is no margin for error, like it was a regular season game which he screwed many but did not affect us as much.

TLR wasn't HOF quality in 2011 with his bullpen phone meltdown in game 6. That shit basically cost them a World Series game. He was too old 10 years ago.

Edited by chw42
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Yeah I thought about that but Craig Kimbrel, one of the best relievers of the last decade who we paid a huge price for to be a strong reliever, does not get that excuse. Someone gets on - great, Kimbrel is supposed to get the next guy.

That ball was also a rocket. Kimbrel doesn't get no blame here either. For someone who was supposed to stike out 35% of the guys he faced he allowed 2 liners to RF in a situation he's supposed to miss bats in. 

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Someone is absolutely fucking clueless

Complete cognitive decline.  We needed Kopech to win today.  Bringing Crochet in is incompetent.  He had to pitch to three batters including AL hitting champion right handed Gurriel.  We needed a guy that could blow hitters away, and that isKopech and Hendriks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

If you are going to hit for Engel, hit sheets and put Hamilton in RF.  He played for things that never happened. 

Not using Kopech was dumb.

All that being said. The offense needs to be fixed by getting MLB hitters.

1 hour ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I'd have Sheets PH for Engel next inning and then bring in billy, Engel is toast

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Sox still had a solid chance of winning if Kopech is brought in to start the 5th. Tony wanted Lucas to get a fucking win, because personal stats and status is the only thing Tony gives a rats ass about beyond the unwritten rules. And he didn't even have someone warming up in the bottom of the 4th.

The fact that nobody was even up in the bullpen to start the 5th was absolutely shocking. 

Just now, lostfan said:

No one on earth knows why LaRussa brought in Hernandez, who sucks, to replace Engel

I mean it’s not like Engel had done anything with his at bats so far in the playoffs. He’s been useless offensively since he came back. Can’t believe I am defending TLR a bit cuz he had just a pitiful game, but I didn’t hate that move as much as the pen decisions. Improve 2B defense after Leury flubbed a double player earlier. maybe Cesar runs into one since Engel had not done shit. Problem is, Leury fucked us in the OF too. Been a big supporter of Leury this season, but woooooof. BAD game. 

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Is he drunk?  Serious question.

Hahaha omg then why the hell did you put him in? Why the hell have we been using him in that role all year? Jesus Christ this is so fucking sad. It's almost like he's saying I wasn't the one making the decisions.

Edited by chw42
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thad Bosley said:

There is only one person on this planet who thought bringing Tony LaRussa into manage this team was a good idea, and that’s Jerry Reinsdorf.  

We have to suffer through watching this guy show day in and day out how the game has passed him by just to assuage the ego of this owner who, for 41 years now, has frustrated the fan base with one bone-headed decision after another.  

Sadly, I think our suffering isn’t over, as the bromance will continue as long as this owner is around. 

Please quit.  Why bring in Kopech in that stage of game.  Tony saw early in season that lucas is soft as hell and went with his tough lefty out of the bullpen.  How can tony be blamed for any of this?  Both games more often than not sox turn 3-0 counts into outs and astros turning 0-2 in walks.  lucas cost this team huge today.  you absolutely CANNOT give free bases like that after the team gave him the lead.  I've got no problems with Tony here at all.  

• Like 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I mean it’s not like Engel had done anything with his at bats so far in the playoffs. He’s been useless offensively since he came back. Can’t believe I am defending TLR a bit cuz he had just a pitiful game, but I didn’t hate that move as much as the pen decisions. Improve 2B defense after Leury flubbed a double player earlier. maybe Cesar runs into one since Engel had not done shit. Problem is, Leury fucked us in the OF too. Been a big supporter of Leury this season, but woooooof. BAD game. 

I mean, yeah, but... Hernandez. Black hole.

44 minutes ago, fathom said:

The team is healthy right now and shitting the bed. Give me a break.  The talent level on the team isn’t good enough to win the AL because Hahn fucked up the deadline.

Ok - what deadline acquisition would have solved McCullers yesterday or prevented Lance Lynn from coughing up those runs?

what deadline acquisition would have stopped Giolito from walking guys today?

maybe - just maybe - and I know this is stretch - maybe the other team just fucking beat us. 

• Like 1