ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

2 minutes ago, bryank1202 said:

Maybe next year.  Kimbrel blows.  Holes at 2b and rf.   Losing mccan and madrigal was big for OBP and defense. 

I don't get the laugh emoji. McCann not being good this year doesn't mean he wouldn't have been good with the Sox.  He was clearly very comfortable here and made some nice adjustments.  He was also familiar with the pitching in the central.  Not trying to overhype the guy and the Sox weren't going to pay a backup 10m/year (though that really isn't that much in hindsight, with Grandal going down)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Imagine being a manager and knowing you have 5 fresh relievers and 1 who hasn't been successful on back to back and pitched yesterday and say to yourself, let's go get the former in the biggest moment of the game and season. It's honestly amazing. I can't get over it. I was cracking up

You guys laugh(ed) at me, maybe not you specifically, but I said going into the series Cease was Sox best starter. I wish he'd gone in game one and racked up 12 Ks but that's just me personally. Sometimes the eye test is not so bad. Hall of Famer Tony is 0-2 doing it this way, his way, and arguably almost all his moves have failed so far ... albeit on the road.

Edited by greg775

10 minutes ago, wegner said:

Hey, Happy Birthday though.

This is NOT Hahn’s fault entirely. He did fuck up and trade Tatis for a piece of shit pitcher who’s name I refuse to mention. HE DID TRADE FOR Kimbrel which could turnout to almost as bad as the Tatis deal. I can almost guarantee you TLR was not his choice as manager, that’s all JR. 

Hahn did some great this also: Kopech, Moncada, Hendriks, Vaughn, Sheets, Lynne, Robert, Cease, Jimenez, Grandal, Crotchet, Tepara , and KATZ. 

Hahn needs to find a second baseman. Needs to figure out how to play Sheets and Vaughn everyday. Need a better backup catcher. Collins or Sevy just don’t cut it. Need to extend Lucas and POSSIBLY Rodon.  

Need to find out if Burger can play second or is he just a 3rd baseman, if so trade home for something, he won’t and can’t replace Moncada. 

Can they win 3 straight? Sure, I love the team but I’m a realist also.  Sunday will be a Rodon/Cease/Kopech show I predict.

can we still win, of course, will we win the series?? Would you bet your house on 3 straight wins? I know everyone going to say Boston won 4 straight down 3 zip. 3 is easier than 4. 

2 minutes ago, lostfan said:

God, that was such a thorough, absolute pants-shitting by Kimbrel. Unbelievable. (Or completely believable, it's what he does).

On an unrelated note, I chatted up a bunch of Astros fans at the game and they were all really cool and friendly, asking questions about the Sox and whatnot. "Good luck but not really" etc

Just saw a video on Barstools Twitter page of a Sox fan getting his ass beat in the stands.

Just now, Thad Bosley said:

There is only one person on this planet who thought bringing Tony LaRussa into manage this team was a good idea, and that’s Jerry Reinsdorf.  

We have to suffer through watching this guy show day in and day out how the game has passed him by just to assuage the ego of this owner who, for 41 years now, has frustrated the fan base with one bone-headed decision after another.  

Sadly, I think our suffering isn’t over, as the bromance will continue as long as this owner is around. 

The one hope is Jerry decides to let a son take over as he did with the Bulls, perhaps this offseason. It still took a few years for Michael to be able to shitcan Gar/Pax, but once they did it was a clean slate, and they brought in the best candidates they could under the circumstances. I'm hopeful for this with the Sox, though it may not happen until 2023/24 at the earliest.

I just hope they don't keep dumping all this money on old injury prone guys, and lose the core that can keep them competitive the entire decade.

2 minutes ago, Thad Bosley said:

There is only one person on this planet who thought bringing Tony LaRussa into manage this team was a good idea, and that’s Jerry Reinsdorf.  

We have to suffer through watching this guy show day in and day out how the game has passed him by just to assuage the ego of this owner who, for 41 years now, has frustrated the fan base with one bone-headed decision after another.  

Sadly, I think our suffering isn’t over, as the bromance will continue as long as this owner is around. 

billionaires surround themselves with highly paid sycophants who sniff their farts all day and tell them how smart they are.  Billionaires are possibly some of the dumbest human beings alive, but everyone they surround themself with tells them otherwise

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Hahaha Get The Fuck Out of here Tony

It's that way because you made it that way, you dumb fuck. 

He basically turned a 5-4 game into a 9-4 game by putting Leury in RF. All so he could hit Cesar Hernandez to lead off an inning. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, almagest said:

I just hope they aren't banking on Cespedes being ready after the ASB next year or something stupid. Engel is fine for defense, Leury should never see RF again, Vaughn and Sheets should not be in RF. Get someone who can play solid defense out there and can hit. Get a slugging 2B.

Engel is damaged goods you cannot count on. 

13 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Yes sir, will never forget the joys the Sox gave especially in 50s and 60s GO GO years. 

Maybe this is wrong but I've been a Sox fan since 1952 and I feel like I deserve more than 1 World Championship in 70 years, put up with so many sleepless nights and a whole lot of heartbreak.

I hear ya man. I'm 46. I was 30 in 05. Time flies brother

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s maddening man

Crochet threw almost 30 pitches yesterday.  TLR is completely overrated with HOF, etc.  he is no longer HOF quality. His bad moves today hurt big time because is in a 5 game playoff, and there is no margin for error, like it was a regular season game which he screwed many but did not affect us as much.

• Like 1