The MLB lockout is lifted!

southsider2k5

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Woof.  This isn't getting solved today.  Players are being greedy.  Sorry for those that disagree, but they've got a really good deal on the table here.  Once far far far better than the existing CBA.  

Literally impossible for us to know how good the deal is. All you've read about is owner leaks of their own proposal. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

This is where negations should have been two weeks ago! And don't give me that "it only got this way because of the time crunch". Talk about a fait acompli.

It's almost as if taking 6 weeks off from the negotiation process has had a determental effect on the proceedings.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Literally impossible for us to know how good the deal is. All you've read about is owner leaks of their own proposal. 

If you want to assume all the leaks are complete bullshit, sure.  IF you assume its not and the CBT is up to $230M increasing to $240M range in 5 years, pre-arb pool up to $40M, player salaries up to $700k and increasing ~$15-25k a year, which are all things that have been widely reported.  I think its safe to say the players are being greedy fucks at this point.  Could it all be a ploy in the media to turn the narrative and MLB is still where they were a week ago in Florida on all these stances?  Sure, theoretically possible.  But I doubt that is the case. 

Players have hit a stand up triple and they're going to the inside the parker with no outs. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Fans are the Wiley Coyote getting their hopes up. It isn't happening until they totally damage the game and absolutely have no other choice but to agree to something.

I guess it will make it easier to get my Cuban sandwich and beer during the games. They will drive the fans away for a few years like 1994.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

I guess I don't see the MASSIVE get. There is already a spending cap. The top picks getting 5+ million. Sure it helps some but.......

I don't get it either, but this is 100% an emotional issue with the Latin players, of which there are a ton of in MLB.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Well you know what side Rongey is on. The whole deal looks better than the last CBA on the surface. I guess if you say the owners didn't get everything they wanted, it s an owners win.

Can I say how fucking ridiculous it is that we are at this point in the negotiations where we are talking about an international draft and discussing how fucked up of a situation some of these international CHILDREN are living in with their families and the buscones?

Like, my fucking god, get a grip baseball (and players). 

• Thanks 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

I don't get it either, but this is 100% an emotional issue with the Latin players, of which there are a ton of in MLB.

That I understand. Going from FA even with a cap, to a draft can be intimidating. Hopefully, the owners are just using it as a negotiating chip and say, "OK we'll give up the idea of an international draft for X" and it's acceptable for the players.

Just now, ptatc said:

Well you know what side Rongey is on. The whole deal looks better than the last CBA on the surface. I guess if you say the owners didn't get everything they wanted, it s an owners win.

I think he makes a valid point in that the media manipulation that happens every time an owners office is made is impressive.  All of the good details flow out piece by piece until it feels like a tsunami of generosity is being ignored by the players.  Negotiations always seem to be going great and a deal is sooo close when the owners make an offer, if only the players drop their opposition to just this ONE little thing.

Then the rest of the story quietly drops after the players refute the quality of the offer, and things were never nearly as close as this handpicked media made it seem. 

I don't believe its any coincidence at all as to who is getting their details first, who is setting this tone, and that they seem to be the same ones who get the best breaking news during the course of a season as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

To think David fucking Ortiz is having significant pull on the international draft component is so ducked up. 

The guy is probably exploiting kids down there for MLB. Probably why he got shot.

Hint to autocorrect.......it's never duck.