Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

And for all the anti-Conforto guys, just wait until Leury gets 50 starts in RF.  I know we all want Vaughn to be the guy, but La Russa is going to ignore splits and the play the shit out of Leury there.  And Engel will also get time out there as well.  It’s going to be a hot mess out there without a high paid veteran to claim the spot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Keep the door open there. 

Sheets exclusively vs RH pitchers, then Abreu vs LH pitchers with Grandal playing 1B.  

The problem is relying on two young players at those spots, one of whom is our only hope of adding much needed balance.  Just seems super risky when we’re aiming for a championship and have a roster full of players full of injury histories.  If the young guys don’t take big steps forward, things could get real ugly real quick.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And for all the anti-Conforto guys, just wait until Leury gets 50 starts in RF.  I know we all want Vaughn to be the guy, but La Russa is going to ignore splits and the play the shit out of Leury there.  And Engel will also get time out there as well.  It’s going to be a hot mess out there without a high paid veteran to claim the spot.

LaRussa isn't a dumb ass.  

If Vaughn is who he's suppose to be (hit both lefties and righties), they're not taking his bat out of the lineup. 

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

there is NOTHING performance wise any vet can do in spring training to change my perception of them. nothing. I'm too old for that shit man. 20 years of being a hardcore fan and I can count the number of hot springs from an aging vet that carried over into the year on...zero fingers. Can you name a single one? 

Francisco Liriano comes to mind.  I've had 65 years of being a hard-core fan.  If I got so little enjoyment as you do I would find another team.  

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The risk is Vaughn growing into that must play player when he only starts three games a week.

My thought would be if he is on the team...he will be in 5 or 6 games a week allowing for proper rest.

The White Sox somehow have me feeling apathetic right before a season with arguably the most talented team of my lifetime. It didn’t hit me until this Giolito situation. Despite my frustration with this offseason, I was ready to roll with our current roster.

Thank you ownership for stealing all of the positive attention away from your own product and turning it into negative attention towards yourselves. No seriously though, fuck you.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

I just don’t see how they play young guys if conforto signs

I'd love to live in a world where all of the Sox LF/RF/1B/DH options stay healthy the entire season, but that is overwhelmingly unlikely to happen. If Vaughn doesn't have an every day role carved out for him on Opening Day it's not going to prevent him from still playing a ton.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chw42 said:

This could open up Conforto going back to the Mets on a 1 year deal. 

I do find it kind of funny that they didn't want to change the rule just for Kyrie Irving, but now that the Yankees and Mets came knocking, they change the rule. 

I doubt the Mets are interested. They really want the draft pick. 

36 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Please, give us your best offer! 

34 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Where's our Liriano? 

AJ Pierzynski and a 2005 WS.    We also traded Eduardo Escobar to obtain him, lol.   Then rejected him for Cesar Hernandez.  Then rejected him again for Josh Harrison and Leury Garcia.

In all seriousness, he's gone.  That was Rodon.   The closest is probably the young Cuban Vera, if you believe all the hype around him.

And throwing those sliders with so much torque ended up being the death of Liriano and almost destroyed Rodon's career.

Edited by caulfield12

• Quin locked this topic