Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If the Chicago media has a backbone, I really hope someone asks Hahn what the fuck the plan was for this offseason and how did we end up spending $50M on a bullpen, $11M on utility guys, and address absolutely none of the other needs Hahn mentioned at the end of season press conference.  Unfortunately outside of Fegan, the rest of these guys simply are water carriers.

Too bad there was no Soxfest this year where we could ask Hahn and company those very things at the town hall meetings!

Edited by smellysox
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Just because we still have a great team doesn’t mean we can’t call out a completely botched offseason.

If the Sox play deep into October, is it still a botched offseason? 

I understand some of you guys are frustrated and miserable, but RELAX.  

Calling our situation a "disaster" is comical if you put things in perspective.    Not only for baseball but life in general. 

I think a lot of you guys need the games to have started like yesterday.   Let's all calm down a bit. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I understand some of you guys are frustrated and miserable, but RELAX.  

Calling our situation a "disaster" is comical if you put things in perspective.    Not only for baseball but life in general. 

I think a lot of you guys need the games to have started like yesterday.   Let's all calm down a bit. 

Yep....real gamethreads put me in a zen like level of calmness....."OH COME ON THROW STRIKES!!!"

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I should have thought about that.  Hell, just the lineup cards being posted turns into the End of Days.

This is the end, my only friend, the end, of our elaborate plans, the end, I’ll never… or should we go with Strange Days?

Edited by caulfield12

19 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

If the Sox don't make it to at least the ALCS, it's a botched offseason. If they make it to the ALCS and lose, it's a mediocre offseason that could have been better.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, wegner said:

Yep....real gamethreads put me in a zen like level of calmness....."OH COME ON THROW STRIKES!!!"

At least then we can scream about actual games instead of hypothetical moves this shitty FO did or didn't make.  Not that we'll stop screaming about that.😂

• Love 1

46 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Calling our situation a "disaster" is comical if you put things in perspective.    

The team isn’t a disaster because of the great core in place but this off-season has absolutely been a disaster, it’s pretty easy to separate the two.

• Thanks 4

Conforto also isn't vaccinated. The Sox mandated all their minor leaguers get the booster shot. I wonder if vaccination status could have been a possible snag in negotiations between the Sox and Conforto.

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Are any of the free agents they signed this winter unvaxed?

Graveman.

It's a possibility that he got the vaccine after the signing though. After all, the Sox did give him the 2nd highest reliever contract this off-season. I'm sure $ can always convince someone to take a vaccine. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Graveman.

It's a possibility that he got the vaccine after the signing though. After all, the Sox did give him the 2nd highest reliever contract this off-season. I'm sure $ can always convince someone to take a vaccine. 

Yeah who knows what his status is now. Just seems hypocritical to require it for the minor leaguers but bring in unvaxed guys anyway. I know they can’t require it for the MLB team but it can definitely factor in to who they bring in.

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If the Chicago media has a backbone, I really hope someone asks Hahn what the fuck the plan was for this offseason and how did we end up spending $50M on a bullpen, $11M on utility guys, and address absolutely none of the other needs Hahn mentioned at the end of season press conference.  Unfortunately outside of Fegan, the rest of these guys simply are water carriers.

Now, thats not fair.

Most of the gerontocracy that is Chicago's baseball media are either asleep, or are actively rooting for their scrubs from the press box.

Take useless piece of shit Bruce Levine, for example. He first said that the SOX "checked in on Semien," before pivoting to "Linking the SOX to Conforto," before finally bullshitting his way to hypothesize about a "SOX trade with Oakland."

None of that came to pass, and none of it ever WAS going to come to pass. And he knew it. The overwhelming majority of the baseball-covering media in Chicago either actively sucks balls, or sucks the scrubs' balls, or both.

To your point, the baseball media have basically let KW/RH off scot-free on all their various fuckups over the years. And so, its a fools errand to wish that they'd call RH put for being incompetent and stupid and weak and overmatched now. Why do you expect any different? They're mostly cheering for the scrubs in the press box.

Therefore, its incumbent on you the fan to put a target on RH's/KW's/JR'S stupidity and incompetence. Don't accept their work as being "good enough." And don't accept the baseball media's bullshit.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

15 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yeah who knows what his status is now. Just seems hypocritical to require it for the minor leaguers but bring in unvaxed guys anyway. I know they can’t require it for the MLB team but it can definitely factor in to who they bring in.

Trevor Story agreed to get paid $140 million on Sunday, but was not vaxxed . Boston was going to back out of the deal. Story got vaxxed on Tuesday.

May be one reason Conforto is still out there.

Edited by Dick Allen

• Quin locked this topic