Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Joc Pederson who is now on the Giants?

I'm saying if they wanted a guy of Myers' ability, they could have spent $6 million for it instead of $22 million. It would have made more sense for them to just sign Pederson and keep Kimbrel than to trade Kimbrel for Myers. 

Just now, chw42 said:

You can also get similar production from the other side of the plate for $6 million in Joc Pederson. Myers would be making a trade just for the sake of making a trade. Which Hahn literally said he should not do the other day. 

It makes no sense whatsoever.  He also makes $7.5M more than Kimbrel.  Its literally isn't even worth discussing.  

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I mean.. You'd have to get another piece with Blackmon back due to the worse contract... but 'd rather have Blackmon than Meyers haha

I would as well, but...good lord, I can't imagine Charlie Blackmon's arm in RF. No one would ever stop running 1st to 3rd.

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I mean.. You'd have to get another piece with Blackmon back due to the worse contract... but 'd rather have Blackmon than Meyers haha

If that was the case they were better off with Joc and then they could have unloaded Kimbrel for more savings. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Ill drive Parkman to the airport. 

I'd drive myself to the airport hahaha. 

It can't possibly be Bellinger......that's too good to be true. 

Blackmon is much more likely. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 2

Just now, chw42 said:

Blackmon has a player option too in 2023 for $18 million on top of the $22 million he's owed this year. That's worse than Myers. 

Ahh I didn't know that. It's unlikely we would go for him tho in that instance 

Jimmy must be referring to someone else on COL

Just now, chw42 said:

Then we might as well just keep Kimbrel, in all honesty. 

Not if that means we are dumping most/all of Kimbrel's salary and then signing Conforto.  I think the Kimbrel return and how much money we shed will determine whether we make another move after that.

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Then we might as well just keep Kimbrel, in all honesty. 

I seriously doubt the Dodgers would do that either as they're over the Cohen Tax line. Taking on Kimbrel without shedding salary in return means they'd add $25 million to their real payroll. 

1 minute ago, RTC said:

Blackmon makes too much sense.  Not good baseball sense, I'm talking bizzaro-logic Whitesox sense.  In that context it seems so obvious.

We've been linked to Blackmon before right? Clearly, somebody likes him in the Sox FO. He has actually played decent defense in RF the past couple of years according to UZR. But OAA hates him and DRS sees him as average. But his bat outside of Coors is not ideal. 

He had a .811 OPS in Coors last year and a .700 OPS on the road. What's funny is that both end up to be around a 94 OPS+. That's how crazy the Coors effect is. 

• Quin locked this topic