4/2 | White Sox vs Diamondbacks | 8:10PM CT | Bally Sports AZ

Tnetennba

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

uh, Lopez might be first guy up?

I can’t see Kopech going more than 3 innings anytime soon. You now have three starters, including Lopez, that are going to need a ton of relief innings behind them.

Just now, maloney.adam said:

So I’m guessing your one of those that is against trading for another starter. 

Not against it but I don't think we will pay the price for one of the Oakland starters.

3 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Not against it but I don't think we will pay the price for one of the Oakland starters.

Well I think they got to pay the price now. I can’t think of anyone in the farm system that can come up and provide the same production or more. 

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

Just now, maloney.adam said:

Well I think they got to pay the price now. Outside of ReyLo I can’t think of anyone in the farm system that can come up and provide the same production. 

I agree they will need to pay and give up if they think this is the window. Lynn is a big key to this team. Another Avenue is replacing Kimbrel in the pen. I am not saying this is optimal but if they move Lopez up and get a pen guy it would cost less which is what the Sox like doing.

15 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Man... They HAVE to trade for Manaea. I cannot believe this team did not address SP depth at all. They didn't even bother signing anyone for Charlotte this offseason.

Guess they’re waiting to claim some DFA’s or Adolfo types who are declared minor league free agents.

The Mets are still looking, the Twins…it's not going to come cheap for Manaea if the Padres pull Paddack from the market.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, quickman said:

I agree they will need to pay and give up if they think this is the window. Lynn is a big key to this team. Another Avenue is replacing Kimbrel in the pen. I am not saying this is optimal but if they move Lopez up and get a pen guy it would cost less which is what the Sox like doing.

I don’t think they should add more to the pen. They will be fine with what they have. It’s the rotation that worries me. You have Lynn that’s now injured, you have Keuchel that is a batting practice pitcher now and Kopech that isn’t stretched out. That is 3 pitchers. 

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Meanwhile, Adolfo making his impending departure hurt.

I wonder if the Sox keep him if they could sign him to some kind of extension but still keep him in the minors if they have to send him down . He primed for a big year if I start to think this ST means anything.