TLR 2022 Thread

chitownsportsfan

43 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I think we've all been a little bit too hard on Tony LaRussa. Last year's biggest controversy was a player swinging at a 3-0 pitch when the team was ahead by 10+ runs and he's totally eliminated that problem this year.

I think we haven't.  This a slam dunk playoff team that is closer to the draft lottery than 1st place.

There is a condescending headline in the Tribune telling Sox fans to "deal with it" when it comes to LaRussa. I didn't read the story; the headline was bad enough. Yes, we know LaRussa isn't going anywhere. We just don't like it. We are already dealing with it. 

16 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Nothing.  TLR still around making life miserable for Sox nation.

The thing is, what if it's actually not TLR's or Menechino's fault for the Sox being so mediocre. What if it's just the culmination of terrible mismanagement in all phases of the organization by the same guys who put us in a position to do a rebuild in the 1st place ?

TLR is just another one of the many snakes growing from the back of Cerberus*.

* Cerberus, in Greek mythology, the monstrous watchdog of the underworld. He was usually said to have three heads, though the poet Hesiod (flourished 7th century bce) said he had 50. Heads of snakes grew from his back, and he had a serpent’s tail. He devoured anyone who tried to escape the kingdom of Hades, the lord of the underworld, and he refused entrance to living humans .

Sounds like JR to me.

• Fire 1

27 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Last night was easily his best managed game of the season. He was on que with the bullpen and pinch hitting. The batting order was fine. Maybe the best game he's managed since he came back.

So he either put down the bottle for a bit, or was too shitfaced to manage?

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The thing is, what if it's actually not TLR's or Menechino's fault for the Sox being so mediocre. What if it's just the culmination of terrible mismanagement in all phases of the organization by the same guys who put us in a position to do a rebuild in the 1st place ?

TLR is just another one of the many snakes growing from the back of Cerberus*.

* Cerberus, in Greek mythology, the monstrous watchdog of the underworld. He was usually said to have three heads, though the poet Hesiod (flourished 7th century bce) said he had 50. Heads of snakes grew from his back, and he had a serpent’s tail. He devoured anyone who tried to escape the kingdom of Hades, the lord of the underworld, and he refused entrance to living humans .

Sounds like JR to me.

Players gotta play. I can't accept that Moncada gets in the batters box and who his manager is determines if he's hitting .125 or .275. I don't believe Tim was playing great because of Tony. 

• Like 1