GT: Sox @ Tigers (Giolito v Rodriguez) 12:10 CT NBCSN

bmags

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

As someone who was worried about the work load before we acquired hendriks, I'm pretty confident in saying there's literally nothing to worry about with Liam in 2022.

4 hits and a hit batter in an inning is an ugly start to his campaign.  Should've won this one....also should've been up more than 3-1 in the 8th.  Oh well, get em tomorrow when I can actually watch the game.

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

Whomever mentioned that the situation dictated Pollock to LF, and Engel to RF, is 100% correct. Engel's only purpose right now, is defensive late. But we didn't even use him.

Engel should have been in right and Eloy in left. Needed Eloy's bat in the 10th and I think AJ had just hit anyway. 

• Like 1

Just now, dohnut said:

That was disappointing... but, about 5 out of 7 of the projected 'better' teams lost their Opening Day so far. Don't panic - we've got 161 of these things to go, y'all :)

Man you just got here but your in for a world of hurt lol. There's people on this forum that don't want to see this team win EVER. Their ideal team would be in a constant state of misery with the team rebuilding. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The outfield defense... bullpen from the 8th on...lack of variation from Hendriks and Grandal, offense falling asleep after scoring early. 

Andrew Vaughn should by all rights be the story of the game, now just an afterthought. 

Vaughn was a bright spot. We just have to remember he is still young. But he is going to be a great hitter.

• Like 1

Just now, dohnut said:

That was disappointing... but, about 5 out of 7 of the projected 'better' teams lost their Opening Day so far. Don't panic - we've got 161 of these things to go, y'all :)

I'm not sure such unbridled enthusiasm is allowed in a losing game thread, but I'll let the admins clear such things up.

• Haha 1

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Engel should have been in right and Eloy in left. Needed Eloy's bat in the 10th and I think AJ had just hit anyway. 

Engel should have been in for Eloy after he batted in the 8th. Might not have mattered in that inning, but with a 2 run lead that was the time to do it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yep, if he’s bad this year the team is likely in trouble.

His stuff looked fine. He had zero control...after a short spring training, coming in with the bases loaded in the 8th inning, probably with a short warmup, on a 45 degree day, while having to throw 1.1 innings to get through it, and with Grandal struggling to block stuff. 

Today sucked. He struggled with HR last year, that could still be a concern this year, but his fastball was still 99. Today's one day under rotten circumstances, so I'm not going to judge that this is any sort of long term trend.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

No overreactions are allowed until 54 games into the season. 

Certainly not when we're starting Velasquez or Lambert next week, lol. 

We can just fix everything at the trade deadline. 

The bullpen collapse last year in Anaheim doesn't mean the same exact thing will happen this year. 

The infamous bullpen collapse in Anaheim, a series people will keep talking about for 100 years. 

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Didn't the team who you called holeless and way better than the Sox last year, miss the playoffs entirely and have a losing record?

When did I write that? 

Holeless isn't even a word I have used in my entire life, certainly not to describe a baseball team.  Everyone in baseball could see that Arrieta and Velasquez starting games down the stretch was not the brightest idea in the world. 

And surely the White Sox are worlds better than LA and SFG, right?  Winning 106 or 107, everyone can manage that... we can't even beat the Sisters of the Poor in our own division. 

3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

What's the old school rule, play for the tie at home and play for the win on the road? When you have the lead that would say "put in your better defender don't wait for the 10th".

• Like 1