4/29- White Sox vs Angels, 6:10

flavum

9 minutes ago, Unknown said:

Bingo. This team lacks hitters. Way too many holes in the lineup. 

The team is one of the worst I can remember in its present state. Too many holes caused by injuries. I would think if the Sox record is really bad on June 1 Tony will call it a career. No reason for Tony to continue on if the Sox have some gawd-awful record on June 1. Give it to the next manager at that point.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Didn't the Sox have a real cupcake schedule to start last season? 

Yes, and if it weren't for Yermin Mercedes carrying the team until Tony benched him for hitting a home run, their record would have been about the same as it is this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, and if it weren't for Yermin Mercedes carrying the team until Tony benched him for hitting a home run, their record would have been about the same as it is this year.

So I guess the team was just overrated and overhyped. They all truly suck. 

I could totally see Moncada coming back and sucking too. 

2019-20 was a mirage that lulled Sox fans into a false sense of security. 

The team from July 2021 to present is the real Sox. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Tear this the hell down. Either a small rebuild or a full blown rebuild. This team isn't winning this year. 

The next rebuild has to consider defense and pitching first. Sox need to build a team that only needs four runs to win. Not sure what they can do about everyday players. Sox have been signing guys who definitely are injury prone. Whether that's just bad luck or their hammies and groins are too tightly wound, who knows?

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

My post strictly addressed your "early cupcake schedule" at the start of last season question, and Mercedes' impact during that stretch.

Sox played 2-4 games over .500 each of the remaining four months, which puts you at an above 90 win season and with 12 playoff teams, a likely playoff birth.

They have a weak April schedule again, but do not have a Mercedes carrying the team this year. Definitely could have used a hot bat to win 2 or 3 additional games last week (lost 2-1 twice in Cleveland). Their offense will likely improve with Moncada returning, and perhaps Eloy will contribute in the second half. Still short in the rotation.

They're hitting the ball hard and it's either dying at the track or right at people. You'd think the luck would turn around eventually, but who knows when that might be. I feel like the team has basically only played games in the Midwest in cold crappy weather. That said, it doesn't explain the terrible defense. 

"This is a simple game -you throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." -Bull Durham.

This team could have used a lot more rain-outs in April.

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

They're hitting the ball hard and it's either dying at the track or right at people. You'd think the luck would turn around eventually, but who knows when that might be. I feel like the team has basically only played games in the Midwest in cold crappy weather. That said, it doesn't explain the terrible defense. 

Good hitters tend to have the better luck. Our plate vision and discipline are awful right now. The overall results speak for themselves. As it stands we are ass, and the worst kind of ass. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

My post strictly addressed your "early cupcake schedule" at the start of last season question, and Mercedes' impact during that stretch.

Sox played 2-4 games over .500 each of the remaining four months, which puts you at an above 90 win season and with 12 playoff teams, a likely playoff birth.

They have a weak April schedule again, but do not have a Mercedes carrying the team this year. Definitely could have used a hot bat to win 2 or 3 additional games last week (lost 2-1 twice in Cleveland). Their offense will likely improve with Moncada returning, and perhaps Eloy will contribute in the second half. Still short in the rotation.

The Sox are 55-49 since 7/1/2021. That's roughly an 85 win pace. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The Sox are 55-49 since 7/1/2021. That's roughly an 85 win pace. 

You're skipping June, and adding this horse shit month. My statement was for 2021.

50 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Gee sounds like the Bulls.

And who's the common demoninator?

Ah yes, that owner.

8 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

You wanna know what's crazy? AKME is about to pull a Hahn/KW and think that everything is fine, they just need to get healthy. 

While it might even be true that they just need to get healthy…what from their first 2 years running the Bulls suggests they’re not going to be aggressive?

9 hours ago, FoxForce2 said:

"This is a simple game -you throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." -Bull Durham.

This team could have used a lot more rain-outs in April.

Or not playing when it's colder than 45°