Crosstown Series Game Two--6:40 CT

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

If I had to bet, I easily agree with you. But my confidence isn't at an all time high. I think it will depend on how this season goes. I can think if there is some playoff success both guys could be signed.

I might be too optimistic, probably am. But that's what my guy is saying. 

Or it's the wine I'm drinking. 

Cease hired Boras this winter. There will be no extension for him. Kopech needs to establish himself more, and his velo has been all over the place this year. What is supposed to make Kopech great is the big fastball and that isn't what it used to be. 

I don't think any of the pitchers the Sox developed will get re-signed.  

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Cease is going to FA he just hired Boras this winter. 

They won't pay market rate for a pitcher until Jerry is no longer walking the earth. 

I would disagree. They've done it with their own pitchers.

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

he's missing right down broadway. hate to say it but you have to consider injury with a lack of command and a lack of velo together.

Or maybe he is returning from injury and isn't as sharp yet.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Cease hired Boras this winter. There will be no extension for him. Kopech needs to establish himself more, and his velo has been all over the place this year. What is supposed to make Kopech great is the big fastball and that isn't what it used to be. 

I don't think anything good will ever happen, ever in my life.

Fixed this post for you. You're insufferable.

• Fire 3

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't think any of the pitchers the Sox developed will get re-signed.  

Jack. You are supposed to curtail the negativity.  Do we need the post police?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, almagest said:

Happ has no chance against Gio

It's the righties hurting him today cause he can't locate his slider or get them to swing at it. He can use his change effectively vs. the lefties. 

Edited by chw42

Just now, ptatc said:

I would disagree. They've done it with their own pitchers.

They were also willing to pay *above* market rate on a mega deal for Wheeler. He also had a much worse track record with a scarier injury history than where Lucas is at right now. None of us know for sure, but I do think the Sox would be willing to give Lucas a big money deal when the time comes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Buehrle and Danks? 

Nobody thought Danks would get re-signed and after that debacle I don't think Jerry would do it again. 

We'll see won't we. I for one don't have any idea what they are thinking.

• Like 1