Crosstown Series Game Two--6:40 CT

3 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Yes, but his fastball sucks right now no matter who the opponent is.

I’ve been vocal that I’m quite happy Sox haven’t locked him up with an extension. I think he becomes more of a change up starter in a few years with 91-92 velocity fastball 

Just now, fathom said:

I’ve been vocal that I’m quite happy Sox haven’t locked him up with an extension. I think he becomes more of a change up starter in a few years with 91-92 velocity fastball 

I think there's legit concerns about his arm long-term because of his delivery. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Same. 

They're never going to sign a Gerrit Cole caliber pitcher. If Lucas isn't someone who the Sox are willing to pay market rate for, when are they ever going to do it? I think he checks every box they can realistically want.

but if the priority shifts from giving the mega deal to Cease instead of Lucas, that's fine with me. We all know Jerry wouldn't sign off on paying them both.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

They're never going to sign a Gerrit Cole caliber pitcher. If Lucas isn't someone who the Sox are willing to pay market rate for, when are they ever going to do it? I think he checks every box they can realistically want.

but if the priority shifts from giving the mega deal to Cease instead of Lucas, that's fine with me. We all know Jerry wouldn't sign off on paying them both.

Cease is going to FA he just hired Boras this winter. 

They won't pay market rate for a pitcher until Jerry is no longer walking the earth. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

I’d look to lock up Cease & Kopech

• Like 1
  • Love 1

They know the player well, I trust them to make the right decision.....oh wait

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

he's missing right down broadway. hate to say it but you have to consider injury with a lack of command and a lack of velo together.

The velocity is the concerning part.  Could be from the dead arm period that Stone keeps talking about 

We all know Jerry wouldn't sign off on paying them both.

If I had to bet, I easily agree with you. But my confidence isn't at an all time high. I think it will depend on how this season goes. I can think if there is some playoff success both guys could be signed.

I might be too optimistic, probably am. But that's what my guy is saying. 

Or it's the wine I'm drinking.