GT 5/15: Yankees @ SOX,1:10 pm CT, NBCSC

Tnetennba

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

At least Vaughn is at 1B. He needs to play 1B more and still develop as a defender there. He is the future at 1B not Abreu. 

Eloy also needs to play DH upon his return, to determine whether he can be successful at it in the future. Pollock is solid in LF, is not a RF.

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Eloy also needs to play DH upon his return, to determine whether he can be successful at it in the future. Pollock is solid in LF, is not a RF.

They still need to figure out RF. It's so annoying that they continue to ignore it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

They don't have a RF, Sheets/Engel platoon is their best current option.

No, Sheets is not an option in RF. You're better off having Engel out there no matter how bad he hits he's a defensive asset. Sheets should only DH/1B.

• Like 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

They can't really play Sheets out there. It should be Pollock and Engel

Pollock makes no sense, he can give you a solid LF, he is garbage in RF.

Doesn't matter what we think, Leury will get a bunch of time out there in addition to Sheets and Engel. Perhaps the Sox will trade with the Dodgers to rescue Jake Lamb from their AAA team.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They can't really play Sheets out there. It should be Pollock and Engel

I'd prefer Vaughn in LF, Pollock in RF with Engel mixing in regularly. Eloy and Sheets should almost never step in the OF grass so far as I'm concerned.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Pollock makes no sense, he can give you a solid LF, he is garbage in RF.

Doesn't matter what we think, Leury will get a bunch of time out there in addition to Sheets and Engel. Perhaps the Sox will trade with the Dodgers to rescue Jake Lamb from their AAA team.

However bad Pollock is back there, Sheets is worse. 

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I'd prefer Vaughn in LF, Pollock in RF with Engel mixing in regularly. Eloy and Sheets should almost never step in the OF grass so far as I'm concerned.

Neither Vaughn nor Sheets should be playing the OF under any circumstances.