Josh Donaldson called Tim Anderson "Jackie"

Buehrle>Wood

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Cool, so if I call you a racist and everyone laughs, no problem, right?

We've been thru this before. I told u you are quicker than me, smarter than me and come back at me with quick one liners while not answering my questions. I try to give a long response to your questions, get nothing in return but another question. So I won't take this bait and for now will say "no comment." I think I have the right after my long answers are returned with one liners such as this.

I told you before "you win" any argument with me cause you are better than I am in such a give and take. I think it only fair if u want a discussion you do more than fire one liner questions bak at me.

Peace out

Donaldson is an asshole. Him and Anderson clearly have beef going back to last weekend and possibly prior.

Him "joking" with TA is not a good excuse because these two aren't pals. Was his comment intentionally racist? Maybe yes, maybe no. Can certainly see how it would be taken as racist. Either way, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. He's trying to be an asshole regardless. A racist asshole? Maybe.

I will also point out the poster pointing out racist Georgia voting laws is just completely grasping at straws. A terribly unintelligent comment on so many levels.

Anywho, kick the Yankees ass tomorrow. Please.

• Like 1

“They talked about it as a team, and [Grandal] tried to confront me,” Donaldson said. “I didn’t know what he was talking about at the beginning. I’m like, ‘What are you talking about?’ He’s like, ‘You know what you said.’

“I said, ‘Are you referring to me calling him Jackie?’ I thought that was a joke between him and I, because we’ve talked about it before. He’s called himself Jackie Robinson. That’s why I thought it was funny between us.”

White Sox manager Tony La Russa said that Donaldson “made a racist comment, and that’s all I’m going to say.” Yankees manager Aaron Boone said that he had heard the White Sox were upset and planned to speak to his players about the situation, adding, “We’ve just got to stop the jawing back and forth.”

Said Grandal: “This game went through a period of time where a lot of those comments were made, and I think we’re way past that. It’s just unacceptable. I thought it was a low blow, and I’m going to make sure I’ve got my team’s back. There’s no way you’re allowed to say something like that. It’s unacceptable.”

https://www.mlb.com/news/white-sox-yankees-benches-clear-in-bronx

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pcq said:

Even though it's my origin I really dislike a lot of older white men. I am embarrassed. 

Just imagine if you were an older (50s) white man, and have to be lumped in with this shit.

Bottom line is Donaldson is and always has been an asshat POS, and sadly not surprised at his actions where were dumb beyond his racist trash talking because the Yankees were well on their way to beating the Sox and have had a great start to the season. This incident can light a spark for the Sox, and for Donaldson may create angst and disruption in his own clubhouse. Just a total assclown.

Also, just saw the video and kudos to Yasmani Grandal for standing up to this piece of shit.

Peace

• Like 1

Brings to mind the John Rocker comments.

His racist quotes at 2:20. Interview with Gammons starts 3:25

Rocker on calling teammate Randall Simon a Fat Monkey, and whitesplaining how Randall Simon is "not a black guy" and "clubhouse humor" at 5:35.

Randall "Not a Black Guy" Simon

feb-1999-infielder-randall-simon-of-the-

quote-i-ve-taken-a-lot-of-crap-from-a-lo

Step aside Kings of Comedy, John Rocker and Josh Donaldson "In The Club-House".

• Like 1

"Odd comments spark bases clearing brawl" was the headline at Yahoo Sports.

Quickly switched to "Benches clear over 'racist' comment"

“I think that’s very sad,” Dallas Keuchel said after hearing about Donaldson’s comment. “There’s no need, or room for that. Anywhere.”

“Believe me, you guys don’t want to hear what I told (Donaldson),” said Grandal.

“We’re a family,” Anderson said. “We take care of each other. You know, it’s all love in our locker room. We don’t really deal with crazy things like that, we try to keep it away from our vibes and what we’ve got going on. But they stepped up and had my back, and showed how connected we really are.”

Moving forward, Anderson said he wouldn’t petition the league to suspend Donaldson, or anything of that nature, even though he was handed a one-game suspension for a similar situation back in 2019.

“That’s outside myー that’s got nothing to do with me,” Anderson said.

“No, you’ll never sleep this off,” Anderson said. “It’s always going to be that.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/white-sox-josh-donaldson-directed-racist-comment-tim-anderson

Edited by caulfield12

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

We've been thru this before. I told u you are quicker than me, smarter than me and come back at me with quick one liners while not answering my questions. I try to give a long response to your questions, get nothing in return but another question. So I won't take this bait and for now will say "no comment." I think I have the right after my long answers are returned with one liners such as this.

I told you before "you win" any argument with me cause you are better than I am in such a give and take. I think it only fair if u want a discussion you do more than fire one liner questions bak at me.

Peace out

He actually presented a valid rebuttal and you didn't like it so you just responded like this because you don't want to answer the question, most likely because it refuted your "comedians shouldn't be responsible for what they say just ask for your money back" ideal.  
it isn't about asking for the money back, it's about getting to a place where you don't have to ask for money back because the comedian isn't criticizing or demeaning a person for their looks or life that they live.  Trans people shouldn't have to ask for their money back because Chapelle dropped into a John Mulaney show unannounced and made fun of them.  TA shouldn't have to deal with Donaldson calling him Jackie because they have been beefing for well over a year.

so go ahead and concede the argument you never intended on finishing, that's fine.  

• Like 3

Still waiting for anyone to comment on the double play later in the game.

I turned in after all the excitement and wasn't aware of it when TA decided to run to second for the first out of a double-play.

Sure looked like Tim kicked Donaldson on that play.  Donaldson didn't notice it or pretended to not notice it.

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yankees’ fans are pure scum.  Imagine feeling compelled to defend someone as douchey as Josh Donaldson.  This isn’t a gray issue and I pray this dude gets a week plus suspension to prove that point and shut all these assholes up.

I’m a bit surprised how many white sox fans are taking Donaldson comments at face value. 

edit: comments meaning his explanation

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

I’m a bit surprised how many white sox fans are taking Donaldson comments at face value. 

edit: comments meaning his explanation

Sadly, I am not.  How many people defended TLR vs Yermin?  Contextually different but similar undertones.  Donaldson’s explanation fits right in with things white people say in defense of shitty actions and as cover for racist motivations. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

9 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Sadly, I am not.  How many people defended TLR vs Yermin?  Contextually different but similar undertones.  Donaldson’s explanation fits right in with things white people say in defense of shitty actions and as cover for racist motivations. 

The usual suspects, be it defending La Russa’s past comments and actions, the Atlanta Baseball team, Donaldson,  Mike North, etc.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Do the good old boys in the league offices have the stones to make an example of the Asshat?  Multiple game suspension is warranted IMO, but I don’t have much faith he’ll face any discipline let alone suspension. 

25 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Do the good old boys in the league offices have the stones to make an example of the Asshat?  Multiple game suspension is warranted IMO, but I don’t have much faith he’ll face any discipline let alone suspension. 

Doesn't seem Anderson himself wants to take a position on any punishment warranted or not...just keep in mind in own past punishments from MLB, though.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Doesn't seem Anderson himself wants to take a position on any punishment warranted or not...just keep in mind in own past punishments from MLB, though.

They’ve suspended TA for far less, and with questionable and dubious reasoning.  I don’t expect them to come down on Josh Donaldson, but it would be the perfect scenario to do so and make it clear what that Asshat did and I have no doubt others have said to Black and Brown players is unequivocally not ok. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeKreevich said:

Still waiting for anyone to comment on the double play later in the game.

I turned in after all the excitement and wasn't aware of it when TA decided to run to second for the first out of a double-play.

Sure looked like Tim kicked Donaldson on that play.  Donaldson didn't notice it or pretended to not notice it.

Was there a huge shift for someone?  Why was Donaldson fielding the play at second?

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It's laughable Donaldson tried to sell himself as a wannabe peacekeeper.

Which is why it‘s so infuriating that people buy his BS defense.  I always try to teach my kids that an apology is worthless if not sincere and Donaldson only said “sorry” because he was accused of being a douche.  There is little chance the dude feels any remorse for being a total asshole.

10 hours ago, greg775 said:

I think Dave Chappelle is so funny it's beyond words. His job is to be a comedian. Like Don Rickles, no subject is off limits for a great comedian like Chappelle/Rickles. Some like Seinfeld (who I just love also) keep it clean and don't make jokes about sex and race and ethnicity; some do. It's just comedy. One can turn the channel or not go to the concert or walk out of the concert if they don't like it. I was listening to Chappelle's bit about meeting O.J. four times tonight off youtube and he had me laughing my ass off. A guy like Seinfeld won't go after an O.J., which is fine too.

As far as comedy, I thought George Carlin was brilliant. I saw his show in Vegas. He was attacking parents for giving male boys what he called sissy names. He gave some examples of names he didn't like (he preferred Joe, Bill, Bob, Dave; names like that). I'd say 1/4 of the crowd walked out. Their right to leave of course but no need to cancel the late genius, George Carlin over comedy.

It’s awesome how wrong you are. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

• bmags locked this topic