Josh Donaldson called Tim Anderson "Jackie"

Buehrle>Wood

TA compared himself to Jackie for what Jackie did changing the culture in baseball and being one of a few African American players other African American kids can look up to. He did not compare himself to Jackie Robinson as a player. 2 different cases.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, MikeKreevich said:

Stop drinking, Donaldson was forced out at second on the play.

I wasn't drinking and I did not see the play because I was in the dells and did not get to see the game 

the way it was explained "on the double play tim ran to second and it looked like he kicked Donaldson" sounded like Tim was the runner.  

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

He never actually said it wasn't racist.  For someone who is saying they are going off of what was said, that was never actually said.

If it was racist he would say it was racist not just disrespectful.  You saying TA doesn't know the English language?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Polar Bear said:

If it was racist he would say it was racist not just disrespectful.  You saying TA doesn't know the English language?

He didn't say it. 

He didn't say it was racist,  but he also didn't say it wasn't.  If your argument is what was actually said, you are 100% wrong. 

1 hour ago, Polar Bear said:

He said yesterday's statements were not racist.  He in fact specifically called them "disrespectful" so why are you, the media or anyoneelse making things up that it was racist.....

"Disrespectful" does not equal "racist"

You people would be crying and clutching your pearls about Tim “using the race card” if Tim explicitly stated it was racist.

Tony La Russa explicitly said it was racist.

Liam said Donaldson’s whitesplaining explanation postgame was complete and utter bullshit.

Disrespectful racist bullshit is the consensus opinion of the White Sox players and staff when commentating on Josh Donaldson’s statements and actions yesterday.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Sad statement by Jerry Reinsdorf’s & Rob Manfred’s shill. Hopefully he is not speaking on behalf of Jerry in this instance.

Since when is Heyman a Reinsdorf mouthpiece?

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

Are u serious? Must be nice to have pals who back each other.  He fired back what he did to me after my long posts and that's a fair argument to continue? LOL. Thanks. I'll sit this baby out for good. I lose.

I R serious.  Bye

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

Did TA's skin color change since 2019....

Did Donaldson's skin color change since 2019

No?

So it wasn't a racist comment in 2019, 2020, or 2021 and their skin color has not changed and TA even didn't call it a racist comment when he could have.....wanna know why.....bc its not a racist comment. 

Is it a disrespectful comment, sure.  Is Donaldson an ass, sure.  But who called it a racist comment first, a 80 year old mouth piece for the image conscious team that was probably told what to say specifically which is why he wouldn't comment further.  

Is it a racist comment if Hicks said it TA, no

Is it a racist comment if a white player calls himself the next Babe Ruth and a black player calls him Babe over a 3 year span making fun of him....no

Is it racist if an Asian player calls himself the next ichiro and another race calls him ichiro...no

The concept of looking at everything through the lens of color is inherently racist in its own right because it is based in treating those of different races separately 

Bringing racism into something that is entirely devoid of racism is the problem with things today

We are all one.  So people need to stop looking at a person's skin color and defining what they are allowed to do and not do based on their skin color....thats racism in its purist form

ALL LIVES MATTER

• Haha 1

Ironically I just read 

Limited-time deal: The Locker Room: How Great Teams Heal Hurt, Overcome Adversity, and Build Unity https://www.amazon.com/dp/111989784X/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_dl_D9Y5MGZ4TKXVWPF60PD1

Great read about overcoming prejudice and racism. The authors' assertion is America needs to be more like a locker room with people coming together. 

• Like 2

It might also be kind of a misunderstanding here.  The phrase "disrespectful" has a much more harsh meaning for a lot of POC.  It isn't just respect that is being talked about.  Usually that phrase means something like, "I would have punched them if I could, but I can't".  If you keep more mixed company, you understand what I am talking about here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I wasn't drinking and I did not see the play because I was in the dells and did not get to see the game 

the way it was explained "on the double play tim ran to second and it looked like he kicked Donaldson" sounded like Tim was the runner.  

In the Dells and not drinking?  I should have described it better.

6 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Only person who hates black people and denies racism more than Schilling is probably Whitlock. 

That remark defies intelligent commentary. 

6 hours ago, SoxAce said:

TA compared himself to Jackie for what Jackie did changing the culture in baseball and being one of a few African American players other African American kids can look up to. He did not compare himself to Jackie Robinson as a player. 2 different cases.

Tim isn’t going around calling himself Jackie, it was a one off remark in an interview three fucking years ago. But apparently that’s enough for some people to handwave everything. I bet if Josh Donaldson called him the n-word, people here would be like “well, everything is racist nowadays, cAnCeL cUlTuRe“

When even Tony LaRussa calls you out for being racist, you know you fucked up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Tim continues to do a great job, each and every day. All kids, in fact.

1 hour ago, GermanSoxFan said:

There are so many people on this forum showing their asses on this issue.

This isn’t about a disagreement or a matter of opinion, it‘s caping for an asshat who made a racist remark.

It's wild, if Donaldson said or did just about anything else, everyone would be fully on the Josh Donaldson is an asshole train. 

But for this... 

"Oh it was just an inside joke, he said so himself!" 

"He didn't mean it like that"

"TA is too arrogant, he brought it upon himself."

Gee, I wonder why... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

• bmags locked this topic