7/11- White Sox at Guardians, 6:10

flavum

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

The AV to the bench theme has continued....

TA SS, Moncada 3B, Robert CF, Abreu 1B, Sheets RF, Eloy DH, Pollock LF, Leury 2B, Zavala C

Also, how fucking hard is it to just play Harrison at 2B.  FFS. 

• Thanks 1
  • TLR 3

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I'm not a big Harrison fan, but he's been playing really well lately. I'm with you, how does he sit?

Gotta get Leury in there somehow.  He'll play SS one game tomorrow. Probably will find a way into the other game, too.  

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Gotta get Leury in there somehow.  He'll play SS one game tomorrow. Probably will find a way into the other game, too.  

Oh yeah, one of the games tomorrow will have a punt lineup for sure. Vaughn also probably sits one tomorrow.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • TLR 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Oh yeah, one of the games tomorrow will have a punt lineup for sure. Vaughn also probably sits one tomorrow.

Would help (getting him into the lineup) if AV could play some OF.  He hasn't been out there in almost a month.  

Edited by ChiSox59

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

And yep.  Gotta rest these guys up for the ASB.  These games aren't important or anything.  

37 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Vaughn on the bench 2 out of 4 games? Why/how? 

He hasn’t played LF in over a month (June 7) while Eloy was out. He has played RF 5 times during that span (June 17 his final game). 

Wonder if Andrew is done this year in LF, if Eloy and Pollock remain on the roster.

1 hour ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Vaughn on the bench 2 out of 4 games? Why/how? 

Now that Eloy is back it is hard to get him, Abreu, Pollock, Sheets, and Vaughn in the same lineup.

But yeah, as things are now, presumably you want Vaughn to be bumping Pollock and Sheets more often than not.

If you were wondering, the Guardians only have one left handed pitcher. So not a lot of obvious opportunities for a pinch hit either.

• TLR 1

I'm looking for the White Sox to finally make some noise in these very important next 8 games. I think they go 5-3 or 6-2 and come out smokin hot after the All-Star break. I realize that's going out on a limb but despite all the injuries, mistakes, weak defensive play and head scratching decisions by TLR, this team somehow is still withing striking distance of winning the Central. Come on Chicago, show the rest of the baseball world you can still get the job done after being written off already by many.

1 hour ago, KipWellsFan said:

Now that Eloy is back it is hard to get him, Abreu, Pollock, Sheets, and Vaughn in the same lineup.

But yeah, as things are now, presumably you want Vaughn to be bumping Pollock and Sheets more often than not.

If you were wondering, the Guardians only have one left handed pitcher. So not a lot of obvious opportunities for a pinch hit either.

Definitely. At all times 

Team is finally to a point where the lineup is fine regardless of who is run out there. 

I'd like to see Harrison play daily.  

The sporadic play of McGuire is rather odd to me.  

Vaughn has been slumping lately so Pollock and Jimenez playing above him against the good slider may have merit. 

1 hour ago, whitesoxwin said:

I'm looking for the White Sox to finally make some noise in these very important next 8 games. I think they go 5-3 or 6-2 and come out smokin hot after the All-Star break. I realize that's going out on a limb but despite all the injuries, mistakes, weak defensive play and head scratching decisions by TLR, this team somehow is still withing striking distance of winning the Central. Come on Chicago, show the rest of the baseball world you can still get the job done after being written off already by many.

I agree with you.  A good run here might motivate the FO to get that 2nd baseman we need.