That's a Luis Robert is a Bad Man White Sox Winner

KrankinSox

19 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

His real name is like Bruce or Alan or some shit. MLB network did a bit with him after his 3 homer game last season and aired it out. 

Bernardo, though Bruce Zavala does sound cooler. 

Edited by Marqhead
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Little know fact. Seby Zavala was named after a car. His dad's Chevy Impala !

He is known as the Impala to his closet friends .

What a weird coincidence, I was also named after the Impala, my parents named me Vlad. 

• Haha 1

Johnny Cueto is easily one of the best pick-ups by the Sox in recent years.  He's a damn bulldog that goes out and pitches his ass off every time and has given the team a chance in every start.  It's not just his funky delivery that is making him successful.  He's a good pitcher that still has great stuff.

Luis Robert decided it was time to be the hitter we all knew he could be.  That grand slam nearly put a hole in someone in the left field stands.

And did anyone notice the fun the guys were having in the dugout?  Seems like winning may be the key to boosting morale.  Hmmm.

34 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Johnny Cueto is easily one of the best pick-ups by the Sox in recent years.  He's a damn bulldog that goes out and pitches his ass off every time and has given the team a chance in every start.  It's not just his funky delivery that is making him successful.  He's a good pitcher that still has great stuff.

Luis Robert decided it was time to be the hitter we all knew he could be.  That grand slam nearly put a hole in someone in the left field stands.

And did anyone notice the fun the guys were having in the dugout?  Seems like winning may be the key to boosting morale.  Hmmm.

Yep, Cueto is the type of depressed asset we've tried to sign in the past with the hope that they bounce back (Encarnacion, Mazara, Santana, many more). It's great when these projects actually work out, but Cueto has been even better than we could've hoped for.

Feel like we'd be in even worse shape without him. Unsung hero for the first half of the season.

Sorry to be negative for a second...

But is it just me or can Luis Robert go left and right very well in the outfield, but struggles going in or back?

Also, what is the deal with his baserunning?

All is forgotten when you absolutely mash a grand slam in a big game, but what the heck?

4 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

Sorry to be negative for a second...

But is it just me or can Luis Robert go left and right very well in the outfield, but struggles going in or back?

Also, what is the deal with his baserunning?

All is forgotten when you absolutely mash a grand slam in a big game, but what the heck?

He clearly is afraid of the wall

2 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

One thing I loved is that the home runs were all the result of the Sox pulling the ball last night.  We've been teased before but I think they might be coming out of this.

someone tell the hitting coach that usually you have to pull the ball to hit with power.

Fuck the Home Run....https://majorleagueaholes.com/2021/05/17/fuck-the-home-run-lets-hit-300/

These guys do a pretty regular Podcast on all things White Sox. I haven't listened to many because I just found them. I don't see a single comment on any of their podcasts so they must be very dedicated Sox fans.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

14 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

That ball almost kilt some people 

One of my favorite things about baseball is HEARING that noise for an absolute no doubter HR, and not even having to wonder if it was going out, only how far it would go.  That sound is a thing of beauty.

• Hawk 1