Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

24 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Don't forget that, after a 73-win season, Hahn traded Marcus Semien, Chris Bassitt, et al for Michael Ynoa, 1 year of Jeff Samardzija and "the exclusive ability to talk to him (Samardzija) for 10 months."

They also got the 26th pick of the 2016 draft.  The problem is they took a relief prospect instead of a potential impact talent.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

They also got the 26th pick of the 2016 draft.  The problem is they took a relief prospect instead of a potential impact talent.

And a month after the draft, they decide it's time to rebuild.
And several years later, Tampa picks that reliever off the scrap heap and he shuts out ...ahem...for 2 innings.
Endless.

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Cease would 100% return the most if we decided to move him and then Tim.  It’s hard to say without knowing what Liam looks like when he comes back.

What’s very clear to me is the Sox need to bold at the deadline.  We 100% have to trade Tim & Liam now vs. waiting until the off-season.  They are inherently more valuable to two playoff runs and the return will reflect that.  I don’t think I’d have this front office trade Cease as his value should more or less carry into the off-season.  Let the new front office (hopefully) do an auction process to a larger pool of potential buyers.

And my god is thinking through this stuff in April super depressing.  My oldest son was finally getting into the team/sport and he’s 100% going to turn into a Cubs fan now because they aren’t a complete bunch of losers from to bottom like this s%*# show of an organization.  I truly hate Rick Hahn with all my heart.

If Cease hits his stride like he did last season, I’d certainly try to move him at the deadline.

-Youre asking for a big return, two top prospects and some filler or a true top 10 prospect ready to go, something like that. 
-A team giving up that much can think about 3 playoff runs instead of 2.
-Although hopefully low, the risk of injury is always nonzero.
-In the offseason, many teams have enough money to spend that they have several options. Deadline budgets can be tighter, making his arb status more important.

Of course, it might turn out that no team meets that price either way, and you hold him until your price goes down or he gets hurt. It also could turn out that Cease is inconsistent the rest of the season and we are holding him until a new pitching coach is brought in next year.

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Cease would 100% return the most if we decided to move him and then Tim.  It’s hard to say without knowing what Liam looks like when he comes back.

What’s very clear to me is the Sox need to bold at the deadline.  We 100% have to trade Tim & Liam now vs. waiting until the off-season.  They are inherently more valuable to two playoff runs and the return will reflect that.  I don’t think I’d have this front office trade Cease as his value should more or less carry into the off-season.  Let the new front office (hopefully) do an auction process to a larger pool of potential buyers.

And my god is thinking through this stuff in April super depressing.  My oldest son was finally getting into the team/sport and he’s 100% going to turn into a Cubs fan now because they aren’t a complete bunch of losers from to bottom like this s%*# show of an organization.  I truly hate Rick Hahn with all my heart.

It's fucking awful to already have to think about. This team needs to go 74-61 the rest of the way just to finish .500. Possible? Sure. Probable? Fuuuuuuuuuck no. This team sucks.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Don't forget that, after a 73-win season, Hahn traded Marcus Semien, Chris Bassitt, et al for Michael Ynoa, 1 year of Jeff Samardzija and "the exclusive ability to talk to him (Samardzija) for 10 months."

Yeah I forgot about that.  That was awful.  Marcus was good on sox and became elite.  Samardzija was on a decline and bombed it on the sox.  They only went after him because he had 1 good season on cubs.   

19 minutes ago, bryank1202 said:

Yeah I forgot about that.  That was awful.  Marcus was good on sox and became elite.  Samardzija was on a decline and bombed it on the sox. 

He actually had a career year right before the Sox traded for him.  
Trading for career years is not the way to do it.  And of course, trading for 1 year rents, especially coming off of 73 wins; what was it meant to accomplish?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

He actually had a career year right before the Sox traded for him.  
Trading for career years is not the way to do it.  And of course, trading for 1 year rents, especially coming off of 73 wins; what was it meant to accomplish?

Ok had to check the stats and see it now but he was average to below avg prior.  I still couldn't believe he made it to majors played little league against him was good but so were some of us.  I really wanted him to do well but it was just another Hahn failure.  I understand the motive for a good pitcher but he was a rental and we overpaid because sox couldn't properly scout and develop their own talent.  10 years later still can't.  

Hahn is the 3rd longest tenured GM in baseball behind Cashman and Mike Rizzo.  Kenny Williams been in charge since 2000 1 year less than Cashman.  Yankees have been over .500 every year for 23 years since 1999.  White Sox have been over .500 12 times since 2000 and under .500 8 of the last 12 seasons.  Time for a change 

Edited by bryank1202
  • Like 1

Reinsdick right at home with this team.  Reminds him of his beloved "Dem Bums" Brooklyn Dodgers.  But they were never this bad.  Sox on an historic modern ball pace.  The last team to lose 120 games was '62 Mets.  2003 Tigers lost 119, the AL record.  Don't know if that was in their "Championship Window" though!

Edited by Rounding_Third
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

The first one that needs to go is Kenny Williams.  He created this mess over a decade as the GM and ruined both the Sox and their farm system.  What did Jerry do? Of course, promoted him!  Kenny and Hahn need to both be shown the door; otherwise, you're trusting Kenny Williams to hire the next GM.    This team will be a mess until it is sold to new ownership.  Leadership and culture starts at the top, and this team is a reflection of Jerry, Kenny, and Hahn's lack of leadership and competence. 

I read something that since Rick took over as GM the White Sox have the 26th best record in baseball. And not that wins and losses in the lower levels is all that important in the grand scheme of things, but their affiliates have the worst record in baseball. All are a combined 657 games under .500. I think that hire was a miss.

Edited by Dick Allen