Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

A. He's a player rep.

B. He's a free agent who will cost money. 

One of those is enough for JR., both is a lock.

One of my main complaints about Hahn is the millions of dollars he has spent  on players who didn't produce. The list is endless. Why not sign Giolito who has produced to some degree.

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

5 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

One of my main complaints about Hahn is the millions of dollars he has spent  on players who didn't produce. The list is endless. Why not sign Giolito who has produced to some degree.

Giolito is a free agent after this season and the Sox aren’t finishing .500 this season. Of course he’s getting traded. That’s how it goes.

Edited by flavum

Plus it’s going to take a lot for Anderson or Hendriks to get back anything close to their previous values.

Guys like Grandal, Kelly, Graveman, Lopez and Bummer are obvious salary dumps.

Lynn absolutely has to be relocated.

Clevinger…that’s a really tough one since he might be the #2/3 starter next year and Martin might not be available for most of 2024 if he has TJS. Nevertheless, he might get a better deal elsewhere if he can get the ERA under 4.

Edited by caulfield12

If I was JR I would meet with Theo Epstein and see if he would consider taking control of the whole organization top to bottom and retire/fire KW, Hahn, and Grifo to make way for that. Give him full control of everything and offer wide latitude with the purse strings. JR is fine as an Owner if he basically stays out of almost everything baseball related.

In any case, KW, Hahn and Grifo  have to go. Grifo is not qualified to be a MLB Manager. Hahn has had his chances and failed. KW is probably worn out with the nonsense and would probably welcome being cut loose.

Edited by tray
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

6 hours ago, zisk said:

Just ran through the minor league prospects again. We might be in worse shape on the farm

than we are in the majors. I honestly didn't think that could be possible, but it is! Great work 

fellas. Last one out remember to turn off the lights.

The Sox are entering into the worst case nightmare, which is having a garbage ML roster and a horrible minor league system across all levels...both at the same time as you are pointing out.

The goal before the trade deadline is to trade our good players who can be of great value to other GM's looking to solidify their team going for the World Series run. Those are the desperate GM's like Rick Hahn was the last two years...willing to give away good prospects. 

The other problem is, do the Sox have enough valuable talent coveted by other teams? I'm sure some GM's will want these players, but at what cost? Many of the players we want to dump, because they are struggling offensively, might just diminish a successful haul. Thus it's impossible to improve the Sox 26th ranked farm system significantly at the trade deadline. This means adding more years to getting the farm system strong again, saying the FO even does it right.

Another major hurdle for the Sox in trying to successfully rebuild a stronger farm system, is the fact the FO will have to drastically change the people in charge of their dysfunctional method in scouting, drafting and development of the young prospects.

Even if we did have enough attractive players to trade away to get quality prospects back, is anyone confident in Rick Hahn attempting Rebuild 2.0? Furthermore, even if Jerry fired RH, does anyone want Kenny or Chris Getz doing the rebuild?

I'm just not seeing where this gets better anytime soon, which could be years...because we all know why it will take that long. Thanks Jerry!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tray said:

If I was JR I would meet with Theo Epstein and see if he would consider taking control of the whole organization top to bottom and retire/fire KW, Hahn, and Grifo to make way for that. Give him full control of everything and offer wide latitude with the purse strings. JR is fine as an Owner if he basically stays out of almost everything baseball related.

In any case, KW, Hahn and Grifo  have to go. Grifo is not qualified to be a MLB Manager. Hahn has had his chances and failed. KW is probably worn out with the nonsense and would probably welcome being cut loose.

43 years of history shows this has not been, isn't and will never be the case. JR is involved in every single major decision on and off the field regarding this franchise.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, tray said:

Yep!! This team needs complete and total overhaul! Wait too long and they risk the chance of losing more and more fans of this team. 

33 minutes ago, tray said:

This is what a smart and successful owner would do when it's not working with his same people doing the same old wrong things.

Unfortunately that type of forward thinking called "Best Practices"...is completely out of Jerry's cognitive capabilities. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Saufley said:

Yep!! This team needs complete and total overhaul! Wait too long and they risk the chance of losing more and more fans of this team. 

You're absolutely right and unfortunately that is exactly what kind of utter low point it will take for a complete overhaul to occur when the fans seriously go away.  

56 minutes ago, pcq said:

This is likely the worst team since 1970. I wish Liam well but he was stage four as far as trades go.

I haven't researched the past teams enough to decide how many years it goes back and 1970 may be accurate.

I do know 100 percent for certainty, its the most frustrating and unlikable Sox team I've ever watched

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They should bring Leury back to throw out the first pitch in memory of his GS that ended up costing that ridiculous extension. 

Leury’s HR in the playoffs was the summit of the rebuild. It’s been a steep downhill drop since then.

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Leury’s HR in the playoffs was the summit of the rebuild. It’s been a steep downhill drop since then.

Yep. And that one HR drove Hahn to give Leury that ridiculous contract. Hahn has had 3 golden opportunities to improve this flawed roster since that 2021 playoff trip and he has failed mightly. (Two winters and One trade deadline). 

The triumverate of stupidity will continue to butcher this team as long as they run the show. Wake me up when Hahn and KW pull a Gar/Pax resignation. Because Jerry won't fire his buddies no matter how brutal they are. Sad.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2021-22-international-reviews-miami-marlins/

We need to hire all these guys away from the Marlins or get Kim Ng to recruit them to Chicago. 

Eury Perez 20 years old 27 days debuting today, #10 MiLB prospect

Sandy Alcantara, Sixto Sanchez, Jorge Lopez, Jose Fernandez, etc. 

We haven't had signing classes of 50-60 players out of Latin America if you added up Paddy's entire tenure. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Fire 1