Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

24 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

But its accurate Rick Hahn BS! I'm quite sure it will be close to the bullshit that his next speech to the media will annoy us with!

The guy is totally lost and has no idea how to fix this mess!

• Like 1

OMFG

I just found out that Pedro Grifol NEVER PLAYED MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL

LOL No wonder these guys don't fucking listen to him. They're probably like f*** you rookie, we know more than your dumb ass.

Wow, nice job Rick

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

OMFG

I just found out that Pedro Grifol NEVER PLAYED MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL

LOL No wonder these guys don't fucking listen to him. They're probably like f*** you rookie, we know more than your dumb ass.

Wow, nice job Rick

Didn't exactly work well for Ventura after his 2012 rookie campaign.

Everyone got WAY too comfortable in that clubhouse.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1164232-baseballs-top-8-all-time-managers-who-never-played-in-the-majors

5 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I just had a twilight zone moment where I realized Jerry might just kick Rick upstairs and reinstate Kenny. 

I would expect that if things got bad enough for JR to make an in season replacement, KW taking the GM spot temporarily is exactly what would happen.

2 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I just had a twilight zone moment where I realized Jerry might just kick Rick upstairs and reinstate Kenny. 

Williams at this stage in his life and marriage isn't going to have the energy to accomplish that...he's already pretty much on the outside looking in and reflecting back.

KW more than anyone knows from watching Hahn's experience that the money for the "finishing pieces" is not going to be there once he gets back up into the $170-200 million payroll range.

He also knows the ONLY time the White Sox truly succeeded in 2005 requiring hit nearly every of a series of about 8-10 moves right on the nose...as well as the three players he dumped to free up all that payroll space to reallocate it.

The Sox over the last decade have been fortunate to see success with roughly 25-30% of their moves.  He would have to double or triple that ratio, without Eaton/Sale/Q and the NY Yankees trade to jump start another rebuild.

Unless he is willing to trade Robert and/or Cease, Tim Anderson or Giolito would be worth the equivalent of that deal Hahn made with NY that went so poorly in terms of the acquired prospects panning out.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Williams at this stage in his life and marriage isn't going to have the energy to accomplish that...he's already pretty much on the outside looking in and reflecting back.

KW more than anyone knows from watching Hahn's experience that the money for the "finishing pieces" is not going to be there once he gets back up into the $170-200 million payroll range.

He also knows the ONLY time the White Sox truly succeeded in 2005 requiring hit nearly every of a series of about 8-10 moves right on the nose...as well as the three players he dumped to free up all that payroll space to reallocate it.

The Sox over the last decade have been fortunate to see success with roughly 25-30% of their moves.  He would have to double or triple that ratio, without Eaton/Sale/Q and the NY Yankees trade to jump start another rebuild.

Unless he is willing to trade Robert and/or Cease, Tim Anderson or Giolito would be worth the equivalent of that deal Hahn made with NY that went so poorly in terms of the acquired prospects panning out.

Whoever the next GM of the team is, has to tear it down and totally rebuild from the draft. They for sure don’t have the ammo they did in 2016

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I think what will happen is that in the offseason they will fire Hahn, and KW will be able to hand pick the next GM as his last great "favor" to JR.

Hahn will be fired in the gentlest way possible, sorta like GarPax, almost a mercy slaying at that point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I think what will happen is that in the offseason they will fire Hahn, and KW will be able to hand pick the next GM as his last great "favor" to JR.

Hahn will be fired in the gentlest way possible, sorta like GarPax, almost a mercy slaying at that point. 

dunno I don't think Hahn is getting fired. 

Every team as bad as the White Sox are literally, and i am using it correctly, trying to be bad. The White Sox are the exception. They are about multiple championships and parades. How does Rick Hahn's keycard still work? How does KW have any say? How does Chris Getz still have a job?

SHOW SOME ACCOUNTABILITY FOR ONCE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just ran through the minor league prospects again. We might be in worse shape on the farm

than we are in the majors. I honestly didn't think that could be possible, but it is! Great work 

fellas. Last one out remember to turn off the lights.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

The pathetic thing is, Jerry is just dumb, arrogant and senile enough to do an absurd move like that. 

Let's face it, this entire rebuild since 2016 has been a constant display of Twilight Zone episodes.

13 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

White Sox 8 1/2 GB and fourth place

Yankees 9 1/2 GB and fifth place

That's definitely winning to JR. 

Jerry did say recently, "Sports is a business of failure. But the fact you finish second, third or fourth, doesn't mean you had a bad year." 

13 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

Whoever the next GM of the team is, has to tear it down and totally rebuild from the draft. They for sure don’t have the ammo they did in 2016

Totally agree! This new GM must come from a consistent winning organization that has shown consistently in building a strong farm system over the years through the proper scouting, drafting and developing in the minors.

Until Jerry is gone and we have a new owner, I seriously doubt Jerry could think that intelligently to go to the outside for "Best Practices"! It's much easier for Jerry to be loyal to his mediocre FO losers and make a few changes from his internal pile of White Sox FO s%*#!

13 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

White Sox 8 1/2 GB and fourth place

Yankees 9 1/2 GB and fifth place

That's definitely winning to JR. 

To put in perspective how bad the White Sox season is going, the Yankees are 9 1/2 out of first and in fifth place and the White Sox would be 8 games back of them!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, zisk said:

Just ran through the minor league prospects again. We might be in worse shape on the farm

than we are in the majors. I honestly didn't think that could be possible, but it is! Great work 

fellas. Last one out remember to turn off the lights.

Things down on the farm are absolutely no bueno. The inability to scout and develop amatuer talent is another reason why a massive tear down makes no sense. The Sox would just squander all the high draft picks. 

Gio is obviously going to be traded. They cannot have RH or KW make the trade. It is very important they get someone back who can be useful, not just the JR approved salary relief. The Sox don't have much where they can get anything elite. Gio isn't going to get you something elite. When is the last time Hahn acquired a non elite prospect in a trade who turned into a decent contributor?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Things down on the farm are absolutely no bueno. The inability to scout and develop amatuer talent is another reason why a massive tear down makes no sense. The Sox would just squander all the high draft picks. 

Yeah. I think we're stuck with these guys until they're in the last year of their deals, then they'll probably trade them for nothing of note. Team is going to stink for a while.

20 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Gio is obviously going to be traded. They cannot have RH or KW make the trade. It is very important they get someone back who can be useful, not just the JR approved salary relief. The Sox don't have much where they can get anything elite. Gio isn't going to get you something elite. When is the last time Hahn acquired a non elite prospect in a trade who turned into a decent contributor?

The regime in place will be making the trades during this season at a minimum. They arent' firing anyone mid season, they don't do that. There's no getting around it.

4 minutes ago, T R U said:

The regime in place will be making the trades during this season at a minimum. They arent' firing anyone mid season, they don't do that. There's no getting around it.

I can't  understand why they would  trade Giolito. He's been out best pitcher. Who do they have to replace him? The only way I would trade him is if  Hahn offered to sign him long term and he refused the offer. Other than that I would sign him.

• Haha 1
  • Hawk 1

2 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I can't  understand why they would  trade Giolito. He's been out best pitcher. Who do they have to replace him? The only way I would trade him is if  Hahn offered to sign him long term and he refused the offer. Other than that I would sign him.

A. He's a player rep.

B. He's a free agent who will cost money. 

One of those is enough for JR., both is a lock.

• Like 2