Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

Even ChatGPT is done with Hahn. Fire his ass!

I can't take it anymore. Rick Hahn's tenure as the general manager of the Chicago White Sox has been nothing short of a disaster. From poor personnel decisions to failing to address glaring weaknesses in the team's roster, Hahn has consistently let the team and the fans down.

Let's start with the trades. Over the years, we've seen Hahn make some truly mind-boggling moves that have left us scratching our heads. Remember when we traded Chris Sale to the Red Sox for a bunch of prospects who have yet to make any real impact? Or when we traded Fernando Tatis Jr. to the Padres for James Shields, who was a complete bust? These are just a couple of examples, but there are countless others that demonstrate Hahn's poor decision-making.

And let's not forget about the free agent signings. How many times have we seen the White Sox miss out on top-tier players because they refuse to offer competitive contracts? Meanwhile, other teams are signing big-name players left and right. It's clear that Hahn is more interested in penny-pinching than in building a winning team.

But what's really frustrating is the team's inability to perform in clutch situations. Year after year, we make it to the playoffs with high hopes, only to be let down by sloppy play and mental mistakes. It's clear that Hahn and the coaching staff have no idea how to motivate the team or prepare them for the big games.

I love the White Sox, but it's becoming harder and harder to support the team with Hahn at the helm. I believe that the team has the potential to be great, but it won't happen as long as we have a GM who is more interested in cutting costs than in winning games. It's time for a change. We need someone who can make smart decisions, bring in top talent, and inspire the team to perform at their best. Hahn has had his chance, and it's clear that he's not up to the task.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Sox Hitting - LOB - 14 -  RISP - 1-16 - (Jiménez 1-2, Hamilton 0-2, Alberto 0-3, Andrus 0-3, Anderson 0-2, Sosa 0-2, Grandal 0-2)

Sox Pitching - 8 Walks

Sox Fielding - 2 Errors

I guess that 3 game win streak was just a big tease. Back to bad baseball and wait for the dumpster sale at trade deadline!

Edited by The Kids Can Play

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

How embarrassing has our situational hitting been for as long as I can remember...

You're absolutely right it has.

As it's been said in this forum many times...this is a dumb baseball team with a low baseball IQ.

Many of them are mentally weak and play scared like "Deer Caught in Headlights!"

4 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Not sure how to find this particular statistic but I wonder what the WPCT is of home teams winning in extra innings since the ghost runner rule was put into place

Its gotta be pretty high

The Road Team had the advantage for the first two seasons based on the link I found.

https://www.thegoodphight.com/2021/9/9/22652255/road-teams-are-surprisingly-benefitting-from-mlbs-extra-innings-rule

shelby_4.PNG

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 2

On 5/2/2023 at 11:49 AM, shago said:

Reinsdorf: "Sports is a business of failure but the fact that you finish second or third or fourth it doesn’t mean you had a bad year."

How do you think Steinbrenner or Al Davis would like that quote? What a loser

This quote confirms what many of us have thought for years. Winning another World Series is not important to Reinsdorf. And I get sick of him telling fans what they think and how they feel when he has no clue of either.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Hawk 1

17 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

How embarrassing has our situational hitting been for as long as I can remember...

You're right and it's because the FO put together a pathetic roster of inadequate players that are weak fundamentally in smart situational baseball.

We also have a manager and coaching staff that are obviously negligent because they probably didn't spend much time working on 101 fundamental situational baseball...and demanding it be perfected. 

Absolutely wild watching a series of players trotted up to win a game one after another and it's all players that were like DFAd. And think about how all of those players are superior to Leury.

4 hours ago, bmags said:

Absolutely wild watching a series of players trotted up to win a game one after another and it's all players that were like DFAd. And think about how all of those players are superior to Leury.

Sosa and Romy... probably not.  Hamilton hitting?  Alberto? 

5 hours ago, bmags said:

A serious organization just doesn't have multiple players like this; and the bullpen is teeming with them as well.

35 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

A serious organization just doesn't have multiple players like this; and the bullpen is teeming with them as well.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mets-sign-reliever-dominic-leone

The problem isn't NOT signing guys like Leone and Chase Anderson.

Its not protecting the middle of the pen guys like Lambert because there’s currently no swing man now who can go 2-3 innings.

Maybe Banks…but other than Santos Middleton and Jimmy, trying hard to think of who you’d even want to stick around for a rebuild.

Lopez Bummer Liam Kelly Graveman Diekman all on their way out.

Firing Hahn is only part of the solution. The White Sox organization has drifted out to sea, and it needs someone from the outside to bring it back to shore. But when the CEO thinks that fourth place is a success, it is doubtful that any real change will come, and the team will just drift. I wonder if there is anyone in the FO who is not in denial and has any sense of reality.

• Thanks 1
  • Hawk 1

On 5/2/2023 at 11:49 AM, shago said:

Reinsdorf: "Sports is a business of failure but the fact that you finish second or third or fourth it doesn’t mean you had a bad year."

How do you think Steinbrenner or Al Davis would like that quote? What a loser

How do you think Steinbrenner and Al Davis would like the quote of JR, "Sometimes I sit in ownership meetings and I think, how could these guys have made money to buy a team."

Last Dance was on ESPN this morning and caught the part where they were talking about the transition summer after ring five...

Considering a rebuild during a championship run and letting the front office create a rift with the team that made you what you are. No more case and point of what a total dipshit douchebag Jerry Reinsdorf is.

Best line that came to mind is imagining JR saying to the worst GM in sports history, "I know Jerry Krause and believe me Rick, you're no Jerry Krause"

Can't be gone soon enough...

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

6 hours ago, oldsox said:

Hahn should have been fired and then thrown out of baseball after the Tatis fiasco.  All the other nonsense is just icing on the proverbial cake.

The crazy part was STILL taking on a significant amount of Shields' salary after he was basically forced off the team by then SD ownership comments (had just given up something like 9-11 earned runs in a single start)...and Erik Johnson at the time of the trade still had pretty decent value, although there were certainly mounting (mystery) health concerns.

• Hawk 1

The Sox reached the 2/9th of the season mark yesterday. Below are the top performers across their 40 man roster.

Hanser Alberto appears in the Top 10 on both lists.

bWAR Top 13 Position Players

1. 1.7 Robert Junior CF $9.5M
  2. 0.4 Jake Burger 3B $0.7M
  3. 0.4 Gavin Sheets RF $0.7M
  4. 0.3 Adam Haseley RF $0.7M
  5. 0.2 Eloy Jimenez DH $10.3M
  6. 0.2 Yoan Moncada 3B $17.8M
  7. 0.2 Hanser Alberto 3B $1.3M
  8. 0.2 Yasmani Grandal $18.3M
  9. 0.1 Andrew Benintendi LF $8.6M
  10. 0.0 Billy Hamilton RF $1.0M
  11. 0.0 Andrew Vaughn 1B $0.8M
  12. 0.0 Tim Anderson SS $13.5M
  13. -0.1 Carlos Perez $0.7M

Did Not Make The Cut: XX ST DFA L. Garcia $5.5M-0.2 S. Zavala C $0.7M-0.3 E. Andrus 2B $3.0M-0.9 L. Sosa 2B $0.7M-0.9 AAA O. Colas RF $0.7M-0.9 R. Gonzalez 2B $0.7M.

bWAR Top 13 White Sox Pitchers

1. 1.2 Lucas Giolito SP $10.4M
  2. 0.6 Mike Clevinger SP $12.0M
  3. 0.6 Gregory Santos RP $0.7M
  4. 0.4 Kenyan Middleton RP $0.8M
  5. 0.2 AAA Tanner Banks RP $0.7M
  6. 0.1 Kendall Graveman RP $8.0M
  7. 0.1 Michael Kopech RP $2.1M
  8. 0.0 AAA Jesse Scholtens RP $0.7M
  9. 0.0 Joe Kelly RP $9.0M
  10. -0.1 Hanser Alberto RP $1.3M
  11. -0.2 Dylan Cease SP $5.7M
  12. -0.2 Lance Lynn SP $18.5M
  13. -0.2 Alex Colome RP $0.7M

Did Not Make The Cut: XX 2022 DFA D. Keuchel SP $0.2M; -0.2 J. Lambert RP $0.7M-0.2 AAA S. Peralta RP $0.7M-0.5 DFA J. Ruiz RP $0.7M-0.6 R, Lopez RP $3.6M-0.6 DFA J. Diekman RP $4.5M-0.8 A. Bummer RP $3.8M.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2