Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Idgaf about the total payroll. Who it is spent on matters, and that's on Jerry.

What? Jerry isn't telling Hahn who to sign. Now Tony may have influence, but Hahn is given a budget and has spent it poorly for a decade now.

Even while tanking he was signing $8M-$10M closers. He is to reliever fetishes as Quentin Tarantino is to foot fetishes.

I can’t wait until they acquire Gallo and I have to watch that offensively challenged walking K strikeout every at bat until October because it was awesome watching the first Adam dunn suck ass for months on end let’s do it again

• Like 1

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

I can’t wait until they acquire Gallo and I have to watch that offensively challenged walking K strikeout every at bat until October because it was awesome watching the first Adam dunn suck ass for months on end let’s do it again

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when he turns into a .600 OPS 15% k rate 1% walk rate opposite field singles machine due to Menechino Magic.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Especially when the current offense of singles hitters who rarely strike out is working so well

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

Another thing to note is JR isn’t the only owner. There is a team of board members that own their stake in the franchise so if JR doesn’t have 100 percent ownership of the team and say if most of the owners are against spending for premium talent than JR can’t just override them and it’s fixed. There’s a lot of deadweight so hopefully the franchise is eventually sold to just one sole owner and not a partnership or a team of owners.

Pretty sure Jerry has absolute control over these types of decisions.

4 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Especially when the current offense of singles hitters who rarely strike out is working so well

I remember when I thought Madrigal was a good compliment to the other hitters in our lineup....now the other hitters in our lineup are what is stated above.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

What? Jerry isn't telling Hahn who to sign. Now Tony may have influence, but Hahn is given a budget and has spent it poorly for a decade now.

Even while tanking he was signing $8M-$10M closers. He is to reliever fetishes as Quentin Tarantino is to foot fetishes.

Tony doesn't have "influence".....he is in total control. It's no surprise Hahn was talking about LHHs and SPs and we ended up going with Tony's relievers. He has all the juice and we maxed out on his priorities. 

Now JR might be seeing he bet on the wrong horse but at this point we're close to maxed out I bet and they can all see that it's not going to make a difference anyway even if they get to (early) October so what's the point?

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Sox leading HR hitter has 12. Aaron Judge has 10 the last 2 weeks. Mulitple championships. Yeah right.

Do you think anyone on this team hits 20 or more HR's this season?

I would lean towards no