White Sox Sell Thread

South Side Hit Men

Trade Jose for prospects- Not because I want to trade him, but the roster is painted into a corner with similar players with no position flex. And Jose probably still has pretty decent value with how is hitting and isn’t going to be a part of a Sox championship…sadly

Trade Cueto- cash in on value

Trade Graveman- Again, just value wise Graveman can likely get us something decent. 

See if anyone will take Pollack for nothing…don’t see why he’s going to turn down his 10M option next year and we don’t want to be stuck with him. Maybe Yankees in return for Gallo?

If we aren’t willing/they aren’t ready to give Colas/Cespedes a shot next year, acquire 2 corner OF’s and a reliable backend starter in the off-season….Without trading Montgomery, Colas, or Vera
TA

Yoan

Robert

Vaughn

Eloy

Yaz

Corner OF

Corner OF (LH)

Harrison/Burger/Other young internal option.

Hope Gio can figure it out and Kopech can take a step forward and I’m delusional enough to think that roster can at lease easily win the central.

• Thanks 1

With the way Jerry is loyal, Jose is only traded if HE wants to go to a contender.  In that scenario, I would imagine a handshake agreement that he would be signed in the offseason.  There is a team who has lost a bat, I believe for the year, who could use a first baseman and mid order bat............the Astros.  Since Benitendi brought two 45 value prospects and a third player lets see.....#6 MLB prospect 45 FV AAA Peter Solomon who is a 25yo RHP possibly better as multi inning reliever.  #13 40 FV Jaime Melendez 20 yo RHP in AA.  ERA over five but young and in 66IP has 95k.  At 5' 8" probable reliever and a better third piece perhaps as a wild card give me FV 40 18 yo OF #27 Luis Baez in DSL

Edited by BamaDoc

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Won’t happen but Abreu to the Brewers would be a perfect fit 

The Twins return for Nelson Cruz (at the time, ignoring that Ryan has way exceeded expectations) would be a pretty good comp, except Abreu has more value because he can actually play 1b.

I'd also very much like the idea of cashing out on Cueto for whatever the Sox can get but I can't foresee that happening either.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

8 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Hahn and TLR must both go simultaneously.  If Hahn or KW goes it just open the door for TLR to run the ship aground from the FO.  Firing the coaching staff doesn’t solve everything but would be a good start though. 

Williams is supposed to be on his last contract with the Sox .I have no idea when it's supposed to end though.  That's what was reported by the Athletic :

Nov 15, 2021Williams, 57, said that before signing his most recent contract in early 2020, he told White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf it would be his last.

6 hours ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Trade Jose for prospects- Not because I want to trade him, but the roster is painted into a corner with similar players with no position flex. And Jose probably still has pretty decent value with how is hitting and isn’t going to be a part of a Sox championship…sadly

Trade Cueto- cash in on value

Trade Graveman- Again, just value wise Graveman can likely get us something decent. 

See if anyone will take Pollack for nothing…don’t see why he’s going to turn down his 10M option next year and we don’t want to be stuck with him. Maybe Yankees in return for Gallo?

If we aren’t willing/they aren’t ready to give Colas/Cespedes a shot next year, acquire 2 corner OF’s and a reliable backend starter in the off-season….Without trading Montgomery, Colas, or Vera
TA

Yoan

Robert

Vaughn

Eloy

Yaz

Corner OF

Corner OF (LH)

Harrison/Burger/Other young internal option.

Hope Gio can figure it out and Kopech can take a step forward and I’m delusional enough to think that roster can at lease easily win the central.

Pollock will be either $12 or $13 million next year based on PA incentives this season.

On 7/30/2022 at 6:32 AM, bmags said:

Within 2 years of the cheap talent arriving in the league, which Sox fans had to wait through 3 years of heavy losing for, Hahn has a team with a bottom barrel farm, exhausted budget, and .500 results.

That is exactly what he did put together in 2015-16 after pulling back and re setting.

He had been in this position for a decade yet has not build a premiere player development or scouting engine. The training staff, for years among the top in baseball, has regressed to the worst under his watch. His free agency record is appalling.

All his fault. Perhaps actual accountability being exercised would make everyone focus more on performing their jobs instead of perfecting pushing off responsibility in everyone else. That’s the only thing Hahn is good at.

That was feisty. Almost sounding just like me. Only I make sure to bring up Jerry most of the time I mention Hahn.

Jerry is the Dungeon Master and Hahn has a dog bowl in a cage.

14 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That was feisty. Almost sounding just like me. Only I make sure to bring up Jerry most of the time I mention Hahn.

Jerry is the Dungeon Master and Hahn has a dog bowl in a cage.

Is it possible that Hahn is now gun-shy?  

3 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Is it possible that Hahn is now gun-shy?  

Doubtful. Trades are all discussed internally and decided by a group. Hahn may be the one doing the negotiating but it's all planned oout ahead of time and multiple calls being made  and I'll get back to you on that stuff.

On 7/31/2022 at 12:48 AM, Joshua Strong said:

Abreu, Cueto, and Harrison should all be available, at the very least.

Cueto and Liam could net strong returns tomorrow, Tim and Lucas the two biggest younger players not controlled past 2024.

Personally I'd trade Eloy in the offseason if he can finish strong and you can land a solid return. Was jonesing for an Eloy & Mercedes for Lopez trade last offseason based on Kim Ng's interest in both players and Miami's excess pitching.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Three of the Four Horses of the White Sox Apocalypse assemble for the Trade Deadline, Monday, August 1, 2022.

FZH-Vv-WIAI9Ftx.jpg%3Fname=orig

Pictured Left to Right: The White Horse (The Antichrist); The Pale Horse (Death) and the Black Horse (Famine).

Chilling at home, staying far away from these jackasses: Kenny Williams, The Red Horse (War)

It's bad that the team is 3 games out, and we're talking about selling.  I'm not saying the discussions are wrong.  I don't think there are many of us, if any, that are confident the Sox can take the division let alone go anywhere in the playoffs.  The offensive woes continue, and they're not going to get better enough.

That being said, I don't think there's any way they sell.  They probably should at least re-tool, but it's not going to happen.

33 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

It's bad that the team is 3 games out, and we're talking about selling.  I'm not saying the discussions are wrong.  I don't think there are many of us, if any, that are confident the Sox can take the division let alone go anywhere in the playoffs.  The offensive woes continue, and they're not going to get better enough.

That being said, I don't think there's any way they sell.  They probably should at least re-tool, but it's not going to happen.

In this division no chance they sell anyone off…

But, the fact that they arent doing so sets up a strong possibility of a real mess this offseason, with a lot of needs and almost no money to spend.

Orioles already sold on Mancini and the Guardians are looking for any takers on Civale or Plesac.

Ugly spot for the Sox to be stuck in.

Not to mention six of last nine games for Guardians against the Royals.

Not just the Twins they have 13 games remaining to catch.

Edited by caulfield12