08/01 - Royals @ White Sox, 7:10 PM CT

Quin

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

Watch it be something weird like he’s taking a leave of absence

He's probably in Chicago becuse he wasnt going to play Saturday and Sunday because of the cold and then there are no minor league games Mondays. If his other symptoms resovled other then the cold, there could be no point in having him stay with the Knights. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

We could, potentially, get the entire projected Opening Day lineup for the first time this season:

Anderson 6, Moncada 5, Robert 8, Abreu 3, Jimenez 7, Grandal 2, Vaughn DH, Pollock 9, Harrison 4

We probably won't, because even if Robert gets activated, the odds of TLR leaving both Sheets and Leury out of the lineup vs RHP is pretty close to zero, but the possibility at least exists.

Just looked at the stats against Keller, and Leury is definitely playing today.  He has some of the best numbers against Keller.  And if you were really setting lineups based on stats against a particular pitcher, Jose Abreu is the guy that should get the night off.

16 minutes ago, bmags said:

Man the guy did a rehab assignment, comes up and still is out? This sucks.

He clearly was sent back to Chicago for more tests because whatever is ailing him isn't getting better.  They gave it a go, he DH's one game, didn't feel well, and they sent him back to Chicago for more tests.   Which means he's likely at least a couple weeks away from returning because they're going to have to send him to AAA again.  Just brutal. 

22 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Frankly should redo the whole lineup.  Pollock should never sit against LHP. 

reminds me of the scene in LOTR when Frodo is at Mordor with the ring. We are Sam, telling him to cast the ring into the fiery pit, TLR is Frodo, and the ring is Leury. TLR just can't let go. He never will.

Edited by reiks12
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

reminds me of the scene in LOTR when Frodo is at Mordor with the ring. We are Sam, telling him to cast it into the fiery pit, TLR is Frodo, and the ring is Leury. TLR just can't let go. He never will.

Lost me at LOTR. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Lord of the Rings

Yes I got that far. Lost me at Lord of the Rings. May be a hot take to some, but I’d have to be paid a hefty hourly wage to subject myself to that theater. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

If Grandal isn't healthy enough to catch regularly, he should be on the IL. This roster can't afford to to give him regular DH ABs.

Yeah insane to have him DH.  Especially when watching him struggle to flip oppo singles.  He isn’t even attempting to swing with power.