GT 8/3: Outfielders? We don't need no stinking outfielders!

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I know you’re his biggest supporter...I just wonder where his explosive swing went.  He looked way behind 93 mph sinker up in the zone his last two at bats.  He looks nothing like he used to at the plate.

I would love to have bat speed metrics publicly available, because it looks to me like his bat is a lot slower than it used to be. Same with Grandal. I have no idea why that would be the case.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I would love to have bat speed metrics publicly available, because it looks to me like his bat is a lot slower than it used to be. Same with Grandal. I have no idea why that would be the case.

Lower body injuries. 

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If I was a millionaire and had to ride a bus I wouldn't care. I'm not paying for the transportation. Beats real work.

Agree, and if life is so bad in Cuba, he'd be living the high life in the minors, but I think that's everyones point....Yoan just doesn't seem to care what he does he made his money.

3 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

but the 3 weeks when he was "on fire" should be discussed. Forget those crappy 3 weeks though. LOL

Dude was obviously injured and rushed back. He hasn't looked anywhere close to that bad in 2 months. 

If it was him who pushed to come back and help the team, then you can blame him for it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

If Yoan becomes 2019 Yoan or even 2021 Yoan for the rest of the season, I'll be cheering his ass on.

But how many of us really think that's likely to happen? He just flat out stinks at the plate now.

He's been 2021 Yoan for 2 months pretty much. His walk rate on the season has improved from 4% 3 weeks ago to 7.5% as of yesterday. 

That's kinda what I expect going forward. 

That's the point I've been trying to make the whole time. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Having to burn Graveman and Hendriks in this game because we couldn't score some runs with the bases loaded and nobody out is frustrating. 

We shouldn't have to. Just because its 4-1 in the top of the 8th shouldn't automatically mean Graveman is in, but that's how we do it. Same for the 9th and Hendriks.

Oh well

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Dude was obviously injured and rushed back. He hasn't looked anywhere close to that bad in 2 months. 

If it was him who pushed to come back and help the team, then you can blame him for it. 

Irony is that him pushing to return from injury too soon is the exact thing that should go against the narrative of him being lazy or not caring

• Like 1

Just now, T R U said:

We shouldn't have to. Just because its 4-1 in the top of the 8th shouldn't automatically mean Graveman is in, but that's how we do it. Same for the 9th and Hendriks.

Oh well

Well if Tony doesn't do that and Foster or Ruiz implodes, it looks even worse. 

1 minute ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Agree, and if life is so bad in Cuba, he'd be living the high life in the minors, but I think that's everyones point....Yoan just doesn't seem to care what he does he made his money.

To be fair, a lot of folks on here were saying the same thing about Eloy a little earlier in the season. It's one of those things that seems like it's true, until it's not.

3 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

He likes ketchup on his hot dogs and is a grown ass man… should tell you all you need to know.  

3 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Rich pretty boy living the high life.  Probably why he got Covid. Young stupid, been called soft here a long time. I used to defend him but I can't anymore.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

He's been 2021 Yoan for 2 months pretty much. His walk rate on the season has improved from 4% 3 weeks ago to 7.5% as of yesterday. 

That's kinda what I expect going forward. 

That's the point I've been trying to make the whole time. 

no he has not.

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Irony is that him pushing to return from injury too soon is the exact thing that should go against the narrative of him being lazy or not caring

See I actually don't think that. 

From personal experience, pressing and caring too much often has the same appearance as not caring/being lazy to outsiders. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Fire 1

Just now, CentralChamps21 said:

Yoan was a 4 WAR guy last year. Career best OBP and K rate. Only thing lacking was the ISO.

Way too early to know if this year is just suffering through some physical problems or if there are more serious issues.

He's getting paid $17 million next year and $24 million in 2024 so we better figure it out fast.