GT 8/4: Perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist during your windup?

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

Trade Vaughn in the offseason. Too many DH/1st base types on this team.

Pollock has to be smart enough to know Vaughn is the only one who can throw the runner out with a proper 2-3 steps into the throw instead of almost crashing and throwing flat footed.

• Like 2

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Letting Abreu walk and reallocating that money to be used on an actual outfielder makes so more sense than trading Vaughn.

It’s just hard to image how bad of shape this team would be without Jose. That’s when I start to change my tune.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Pollock has to be smart enough to know Vaughn is the only one who can throw the runner out with a proper 2-3 steps into the throw instead of almost crashing and throwing flat footed.

Vaughn isn’t a RF. He’s a 1st baseman/DH. Enough of putting him in the OF!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Trade Vaughn in the offseason. Too many DH/1st base types on this team.

The Vaughn fanboys won’t like that one. We tried that idea last offseason and too many people bitched.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I could still see Hahn being fired to keep LaRussa

If this happens; I will gladly go out and protest at the ballpark with a sign.

2 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Dumbass Vaughn it’s AJ ball wtf have a game 

4 th misplay by Vaughn in this game.  He has been completely exposed and cannot patrol RF again.  If Engel would have been defensive replacement in the 7 th we would still be tied. TLR sleep at the wheel again.  No way Vaughn should have been left in a tied game late.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Yeah, but he's also been watching 7 innings of Vaughn running on quicksand out there. 

Can't assume anything there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Paulie4Pres said:

It's not Vaughn's fault. He's not a fucking outfielder, guys. Direct your anger appropriately. The guy is being put into a position to fail.

I’m not sure what these guys want Vaughn to do? Refuse to play? Ok. 🙄

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

It’s just hard to image how bad of shape this team would be without Jose. That’s when I start to change my tune.

He'll be 36 next season. Trading away the guy who's 11 years younger and already a very good hitter in his own right to make room for Jose would be so incredibly shortsighted.

Edited by maxjusttyped
  • Like 2

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Letting Abreu walk and reallocating that money to be used on an actual outfielder makes so more sense than trading Vaughn.

We need both. You can’t let Abreu just walk. He’d be willing to work on 1 year contracts. He’s in great shape, can DH over 50% of the time next year, maybe even 75% of the time. Vaughn is the future at 1st base. I’d rather see Sheets and Yazmani Traded. Reallocate Yaz money to the outfield