08/16: Astros at Sox. 7:10, NBCSN (CEASE V VERLANDER)

Buehrle>Wood

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I thought you can never ever touch an umpire for any reason; especially when arguing.

Or is that not white in this case?

You almost never see that called anymore but I can see why the ump called it there.  Close call though.  As for the contact, it didn't seem particularly menacing or anything but Rizzo really shouldn't be putting his hands on the ump, at all.  That should be a bright line.  

33 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

"Robert is day to day"

Out for 4 games straight

Either his wrist is fucked or Robert is a man child. Your team needs you

Eh, I think there’s plenty of room for something in between, as opposed to the either/or you mention. A 4 or 5 day injury is not that uncommon, and would not be IL worthy.

It’s just that this team has mismanaged or withheld information about injuries all year that it’s almost impossible to trust them at this point. So I totally get why you say that.

38 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Eh, I think there’s plenty of room for something in between, as opposed to the either/or you mention. A 4 or 5 day injury is not that uncommon, and would not be IL worthy.

It’s just that this team has mismanaged or withheld information about injuries all year that it’s almost impossible to trust them at this point. So I totally get why you say that.

Robert at 70% is a better option than anything we have

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Robert at 70% is a better option than anything we have

I 100% agree. Hell, Robert at 50% is probably better than anything we have. But with his knack for injuries, its easy to imagine one day of 70% Robert and then 4 more days off cuz he reaggravated it.

3 minutes ago, Snopek said:

I 100% agree. Hell, Robert at 50% is probably better than anything we have. But with his knack for injuries, its easy to imagine one day of 70% Robert and then 4 more days off cuz he reaggravated it.

Hell I’d rather see him DH over Grandal if he isn’t going to catch.