8/26 Arizona @ Sox GT, 7:10

soxfan49

It's Adam Engel glove night at the Olde Yard. Comes with a big hole in the middle. Plus of course another singles night promotion.  Friendliest ballpark in MLB except for the home squad. Rumor that Jason might be leaving for a gig as ESPN curling announcer.

• Haha 1
  • TLR 1

You ain't nothin but a let down
We're cryin' all the time
You ain't a nothin but a let down
Cryin' all the time
Wellllll, you ain't never caught a baseball (Looking at you Adam)
And you ain't no team of mine.

Well, they said you was ring-bound Well, that was just a lie Yeah, they said you was ring-bound Well, that was just a lie Yeah, you ain't never caught a baseball And you ain't no team of mine.

• Haha 1

• Kalapse changed the title to 8/26 Arizona @ Sox GT, 7:10
  • Kalapse pinned this topic
12 minutes ago, RJSox_22 said:

It’s true… and this is what makes 2022 white Sox such torture lol.  

I’m just assuming the AL postseason teams are going to stay the same the last 6 weeks of the season. Astros-Yankees-Guardians stay 1-2-3. Rays-Blue Jays-Mariners 4-5-6 in some order, but the Orioles, Twins, and White Sox never catch anyone. 

Edited by flavum

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

Who gives a fuck

I would venture to say that the overwheleming majority of posters and fans on this site care, including  yourself. That's why we all show up in these game threads, if a poster didn't care why waste the time to voice the same old b.s. There is certainly no doubt that a huge number of us are completely disgusted and fed up with the sorry play of the White Sox and the antics of TLR but we all have our different ways of expressing that displeasure. As for me, I'm not throwing in the towel on the season just yet but I also realize the odds of making the playoffs are quickly decreasing with each and every miserable loss. Still I hope for the best. Call me a glutton for punishment I guess, lol.

Edited by whitesoxwin
  • Like 1
  • Hawk 2

Just when we put em' down to die, maybe they'll wake up.  Doubt it, but a boy can dream even though I know deep down a limp to the finish line is probably best for the longer term prospects of this club.  

2 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

You ain't nothin but a let down
We're cryin' all the time
You ain't a nothin but a let down
Cryin' all the time
Wellllll, you ain't never caught a baseball (Looking at you Adam)
And you ain't no team of mine.

Well, they said you was ring-bound Well, that was just a lie Yeah, they said you was ring-bound Well, that was just a lie Yeah, you ain't never caught a baseball And you ain't no team of mine.

I was thinking Paul Simon

There must be fifty ways to lose a ballgame.

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Just when we put em' down to die, maybe they'll wake up.  Doubt it, but a boy can dream even though I know deep down a limp to the finish line is probably best for the longer term prospects of this club.  

This has been my motivating thought all year (I've made no secret).  It's especially maddening for me because I actually predicted a terrible first half with a big turnaround in the second, so I've been holding the line for a long time waiting for it.  My theory was that this team was indeed undisciplined, poorly-coached, and unmotivated, but that the schedule would create its own urgency eventually and that -- combined with returns from injury -- would fuel the turnaround.  As recently as a week ago it really felt like that was exactly what was happening.  I'm starting to think that there is something more deeply wrong with this team that might prevent the turnaround.  But I'll still torture myself waiting around.

51 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Hard to argue against that point. You may turn out to be right.

42 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

This has been my motivating thought all year (I've made no secret).  It's especially maddening for me because I actually predicted a terrible first half with a big turnaround in the second, so I've been holding the line for a long time waiting for it.  My theory was that this team was indeed undisciplined, poorly-coached, and unmotivated, but that the schedule would create its own urgency eventually and that -- combined with returns from injury -- would fuel the turnaround.  As recently as a week ago it really felt like that was exactly what was happening.  I'm starting to think that there is something more deeply wrong with this team that might prevent the turnaround.  But I'll still torture myself waiting around.

Well said and valid points for sure.

6 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Can Arizona please call up Dallas so that he can throw a complete game shutout against us?

Pretty please.

I love your thinking but he has moved on to the Texas Rangers organization.  Didn't you hear his Mom's rant about the Diamondbacks??

Edited by wegner

8 minutes ago, wegner said:

I love your thinking but he has moved on to the Texas Rangers organization.  Didn't you hear his Mom's rant about the Diamondbacks??

I think we need a reality show with Dallas's mom, Wheeler's wife, Ozzie's sons, Giolito's dad, Prince Fielder's girlfriend, and Manny Machado's cousin.

• Like 1
  • Love 1