8/26 Arizona @ Sox GT, 7:10

soxfan49

1 hour ago, pcq said:

I was thinking Paul Simon

There must be fifty ways to lose a ballgame.

Thinking this song:

I don’t know a soul who’s not been battered
I don’t have a friend who feels at ease
I don’t know a dream that’s not been shattered
Or driven to its knees
Oh, but it’s all right, it’s all right
For lived so well so long
Still, when I think of the road
We’re traveling on
I wonder what went wrong
I can’t help it, I wonder what’s gone wrong

Edited by South Side Hit Men

10 minutes ago, HoosierSox said:

Isn't Benetti gone this weekend to do college football?

Jason replacing Vin Scully on the FoxSports network shuffleboard crew this weekend.

Len will be covering our Pale Ails .

23 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

What.A.Fkin.Lineup.

Woof

AJ Pollock needs 11 more plate appearances to vest another $1M from the 2023 White Sox. He needs to be DFA'd to stop the 2023 bleeding.

I don't care if they have to find someone on Lower Wacker Drive, a senior citizen bocce ball court in Elmwood Park, or must activate Darryl Boston as his replacement, but he needs to be gone this weekend before La Russa costs the team another $1M-$3M in 2023 payroll before Game 162.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

43 minutes ago, wegner said:

This is reminding me a bit of a tee ball league where every kid takes his turn leading off.

With 1 kid never allowed to even play (Perez).  

6 games since being called up and 6 straight starts for Seby, just more dumb shit by Tony 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • TLR 2

Richard Hahn didn't DL anyone? 

That fucking guy is enemy #1 for me, ahead of LaRussa.  That's how pathetic a GM job he has done. 

So what pitcher will be asked to play a position when someone goes down tonight, because you know that's 100% happening with this soft ass team. 

• Fire 1
  • Hawk 1

In a must win game, LaRussa trots out a bunch of backups and AAA players.  Newsflash Tony, the diamondbacks are still a big league club.  Who cares if you believe in resting players.  You won’t make the post season that way with this manager, training staff, and group of players.

1 minute ago, JPR said:

In a must win game, LaRussa trots out a bunch of backups and AAA players.  Newsflash Tony, the diamondbacks are still a big league club.  Who cares if you believe in resting players.  You won’t make the post season that way with this manager, training staff, and group of players.

Luis Robert is too hurt to swing a bat. Quibble with the decision to not put him on the IL if you want, but he absolutely should not be playing baseball today under any circumstances. He tried to tough it out for an 0/5 last night and couldn't physically keep his hand on the bat. 

1 minute ago, JPR said:

Who’s he resting?  Truth is, we’re in crunch time and Grandal, Anderson, Yoan and Robert aren’t available.  Injuries were actually great for two months or so, but the shit has picked up again.

How do you not play Sheets?  Between AAA and the Injury List, these guys are fresh as daisies and if they’re not they’re soft and it’s time to move on.  Ricky Henderson would legit put 99% of these players away with his passion and grit.  Players are too soft nowadays.  Big gold chains went away in the 90’s.  Focus on the game not your fashion, unless you produce.  If you want to wear capris and a crop top with a hand bag idgaf as long as you produce.  You can NOT rock mad diamonds and fashion when you hit .198.  You won’t be taken seriously and you’ll look like a clown.  It just goes to show you where White Sox players’  priorities lie.  Maybe it starts at the top and by the time the massive shit ball rolls down from Reinsdorf’s office, these players don’t stand a chance.  Can we put Virginia McCaskey, in her wheel chair with two tasers, in a ring ( a death match) against reinsdorf, without his glasses, and he see who wins?  One team will be better no doubt.  At least we have the team leader in Cueto going tonight.

Edited by JPR
I was too mad to type the first time