8/27 GT: Sox v. Snakes @ 610CT

ChiSox59

Just now, fathom said:

You couldn’t pay me to go to these games 

Nope. I’ve watched all of 5 innings I think this past week and I can’t say I’ve missed them which is a shame because even throughout the rebuild I’ve been glued to the TV just about every game. 

16 minutes ago, tray said:

The TLR thing has been overplayed ad nauseum. but go aheqd.,. but it makes absolutely no difference now.

Too many injuries and under performing players to compete.  As the team is currently assembled, they might be one of the worst teams- talent wise- in major league baseball. 

I don’t believe this. We have talent. Yes, injuries have hurt. We just never had the complete team assembled.

However, the body language of the players have to be telling you something. Tony forgot the players in his quest to demonstrate brilliance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoeC said:

What'd he say? Out of town here... 

He mentioned how the baseball bat was still in Eloy's hand after he hit that long flyout that almost the game tying homerun, and how it's just another example of a lack of hustle and intensity from the team.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

He mentioned how the baseball bat was still in Eloy's hand after he hit that long flyout that almost the game tying homerun, and how it's just another example of a lack of hustle and intensity from the team.

Grasping at straws.

32 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Never forget TLR was in the front office for the diamondbacks and angels as special advisors recently, the should not have taken his eye / judgement for what talent should look like at this point In his life

Yea that’s a part of what I was alluding to.

What a dead team. Pathetic.

I see the paying customers got to watch this group pitch: Martin, Velasquez, Diekman, Ruiz, Kelly and Lopez. Wow 1 guy on that list deserves to be on a big league roster; maybe 1.5. And what horrible hitting except Sheets nicely running into one.

So it's almost September. So far the team has failed in every single month in terms of playing good baseball. This has been bad baseball all season long with an uninspired, injured roster. Worst season I can remember in a long time considering their work vs. the AL Central. Thank goodness we go to a balanced schedule next year. Only 13 games vs your own division instead of 19.

Edited by greg775
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

23 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Um, no? All of those little things matter. They are all evidence of the losing culture that has been cultivated within the clubhouse.

Ah, that ball was hit too high and it was either caught or gone and maybe Eloy knew he didn’t get all of it. Don’t know. But hard to criticize a guy who saw a pitch he thought he could drive. Honestly, sounds like criticizing just to criticize here, especially considering his legs.

Lord knows we have had real hustle issues, though.

• Like 1