White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

From Espada's Wikipedia page:

Coaching career[edit]

After retiring, Espada became a coach in the Marlins' organization. He served as the hitting coach of the Greensboro Grasshoppers of the Class A South Atlantic League in 2006 and for the Jupiter Hammerheads of the Class A-Advanced Florida State League in 2007. Espada spent the next two seasons as the Marlins' minor league infield coordinator.[3]

The Marlins named Espada as their third base coach prior to the 2010 season. He also coached for the Puerto Rican national baseball team during the 2013 World Baseball Classic. Espada served as the Marlins' third base coach through the 2013 season. After the season, he was reassigned to manage Jupiter, as the Marlins wanted Espada to gain managerial experience.[3] Instead, Espada took a job with the New York Yankees as a special assistant to General Manager Brian Cashman.[1]

On January 11, 2015, the Yankees hired Espada to be the team's new infield coach and third base coach.[7] He manages the Gigantes de Carolinaof the Liga de Béisbol Profesional Roberto Clemente in winter baseball.[8] Espada again coached the Puerto Rican team in the 2017 World Baseball Classic.[9]

The Houston Astros hired Espada after the 2017 season to become their bench coach.[10] He interviewed for the Texas Rangers' managerial position after the 2018 season[11] and for the Chicago Cubs' managerial position after the 2019 season.[12]"

53 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Ozzie seems to have matured a bit, but he walked out with a year on his contract, and then was so bad Loria paid him 3 years not to manage. He's great on the the pre and post. Let him stay there, because who knows what all that attention would do to him. Plus  the baggage of Oney. No need for him to return. 

Does MLB hate money? How haven't they given Ozzie his own national show? Charles Barkley and Inside the NBA except MLB and Ozzie and Frank. Would print money.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Does MLB hate money? How haven't they given Ozzie his own national show? Charles Barkley and Inside the NBA except MLB and Ozzie and Frank. Would print money.

I may be getting old but I have to turn up the TV whenever he's on.  One reason is to hear his insight which is usually spot on and the main reason is because I can't understand half of what he's saying.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

For the record.....I'll alway's be thankful to Ozzie for making the 2005 Chicago White Sox World Champions in my lifetime before the Cub's won in 2016. 

Most of us feel this way.  It's a shame Ozzie is his own worst enemy.  Between his ego and his kids...enough is enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

Most of us feel this way.  It's a shame Ozzie is his own worst enemy.  Between his ego and his kids...enough is enough.

I enjoy Ozzie on post game coverage.  Just leave him there. 

I also enjoy Beckham on post game.  Ditto.

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

Aside from  his absurdities (such as if walks were important for a leadoff hitter, I'd have Jim Thome lead off) Ozzie hasn't been on a major bench in a decade.  That's not a serious effort to be a manager, that's a diva.

I honestly can't believe we're talking about it. I'll say it:  hiring Ozzie would be more ridiculous than hiring LaRussa (at the time of the hire).  At least Tony was a decade removed from a WS title, rather than a decade removed from being run out of his second town in two years on a rail.

2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Says who?

The CHGO podcast had one of the Sox beat guys on and he said the finalists are R. Washington, B. Bochy and Mike Schildt

doesn't mean they won't hire him but I guess those 3 guys are a higher priority 

Edited by joejoesox

8 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

The CHGO podcast had one of the Sox beat guys on and he said the finalists are R. Washington, B. Bochy and Mike Schildt

Oh we already all saw that report a few days ago/end of last week. Wasn't that a Nightengale article? It's already been said to be untrue I believe.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Vinnie Duber is a great listen and likable dude, but he’s but he’s just guessing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joejoesox said:

That report was from Nightengale and was already shot down by some insiders. 

• Like 3

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic