White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Cubs had a real nice post-ASG under David Ross and developed some fine young pitching.  Good hire and a first timer to boot. Better FO and owners than the Sox?  You know the answer.

He also just retired from the Cubs. If the Sox hired a guy who was on the team for a few years and just retired this board and twitter would crucify the front office 

7 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

He also just retired from the Cubs. If the Sox hired a guy who was on the team for a few years and just retired this board and twitter would crucify the front office 

Not if he had helped win a World Series and the fans loved him. I wanted Konerko to be player-coach in 2012.

1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:

How many consecutive coaches have the Cubs hires that had clear connections to the Cubs? The last time The white Sox hired someone without them appears to be Gene Lamont, so 6 straight coaches with an organizational connection.

32 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

How many consecutive coaches have the Cubs hires that had clear connections to the Cubs? The last time The white Sox hired someone without them appears to be Gene Lamont, so 6 straight coaches with an organizational connection.

Did Renteria have Sox connections?
But yea, nothing wrong with someone with past connections  it if it's not a criteria for seemingly every important baseball-related job.

Edited by GreenSox

2 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Did Renteria have Sox connections?
But yea, nothing wrong with someone with past connections  it if it's not a criteria for seemingly every important baseball-related job.

Yes, he was the White Sox’s bench coach under Ventura in that super successful 2016 season.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Not if he had helped win a World Series and the fans loved him. I wanted Konerko to be player-coach in 2012.

Got a Konerko type right here, right now.  Managerial potential?  I don't know Jose, other than what I see on the field.  

Ross was a catcher and a grandpa figure to the players.  Advantage them.

This board, like all the other fan boards, has the tendency to explode over hangnails.

heard heyman on the score this morning. he said he doesn't see ron washington as a fit for the position. fwiw.

edit: he also said they'll interview espada.

Edited by thedoctor

12 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Got a Konerko type right here, right now.  Managerial potential?  I don't know Jose, other than what I see on the field.  

Ross was a catcher and a grandpa figure to the players.  Advantage them.

This board, like all the other fan boards, has the tendency to explode over hangnails.

DAMNIT,  WHO HAS A HANGNAIL NOW??  GIOLITO, KOPECH, CEASE?!!!!!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I kind of feel like Espada is the target despite what fake Twitter & Reddit insiders seem to be implying.

I have no strong preference for or against him, but I am quite happy that they're actually interviewing him. They should absolutely be interviewing leading future managerial candidates including Espada and Alomar. If they wind up hiring someone else, at least they did their due diligence this time. 

• Like 2

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic